Republican Candidates for 2016

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Just been reading that the leading candidate for 2016 is Jeb Bush.

They obviously have an idea that they want someone essentially evil, big family connections, dubious morals etc.

Can I suggest Voldemort?
7655.imgcache.jpg

Seriously, I think he is more in touch with the fact American politics is moving towards the centre than Jeb Bush. Will they learn? I sincerely hope for the sake of the US they do think about changing. It reminds me of when our (leftist) Labour party became so detached from the mainstream they had to rebrand themselves "New Labour"

Who would you put forward?

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
I really don't think we'll have to worry about the Republitard party come 2016. They'll finish imploding over the next 4 years and come 2016, they'll just be a tiny black hole on the political landscape.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
I really don't think we'll have to worry about the Republitard party come 2016. They'll finish imploding over the next 4 years and come 2016, they'll just be a tiny black hole on the political landscape.
I dunno, man...it's not like the Dems have much to offer on the other side. Biden? Hillary? If they continue to hold onto the White House, it'll be with a currently-relatively-unknown, the way the last three Democrat presidents were. I don't think they'll do that, because --while I typically vote Democrat, I also know that they're kind of stupid that way.

I still imagine Chris Christie as their strongest bet, if it weren't for:
1) the bullshit percieved last-minute "embrace" of Obama after Sandy. That will likely come back to bite him in the ass during primary season.
2) the fact that he reads the menu at a restaurant and then tells the waiter, "Okay". Seriously, what is he, 300lbs? 275 at the least? Is he trying to break Taft's record? As I said once over at TeaForge, his VP pick would certainly be the most scrutinized in history, as everybody expects he'll drop like a boner at a Courtney Love concert sometime in his first hundred days in office.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Jeb Bush is who they wish they had chosen instead of Mitt Romney. He's got a lot more sense than George ever did, and he is much more likeable than Mitt. The worse thing against him is his name. People are probably leery of putting another Bush in office... hopefully.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The Great Hillary will slay all who oppose in 2016. Get ready for it.

Bill will make an enchanting First Lady.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/gop_civil_war_herman_cain_calls_for_3rd_party/

“I never thought that I would say this, and this is the first time publicly that I’ve said it: We need a third party to save this country. Not Ron Paul and the Ron Paulites. No. We need a legitimate third party to challenge the current system that we have, because I don’t believe that the Republican Party … has the ability to rebrand itself,” Cain said.

Fischer, a social conservative leader, noted that he predicted this summer that if Mitt Romney loses, evangelical conservatives would start a third party. “If Barack Obama wins this election the Republican Party as we know it is finished, it is dead, it is toast,” Fischer said in September at the Values Voter Summit in Washington.

Rush Limabugh, two months ago, echoed the sentiment. ”If Obama wins, let me tell you what it’s the end of: the Republican Party. There’s gonna be a third party that’s gonna be oriented toward conservatism,” he said.

“It is more viable today than it has ever been,” Cain told Fischer today of a third party.

I hope they do start a 3rd party. They will siphon off the right wing fringe, and make things easier for the rest of us.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
We definitely need a party that is more in the middle than what we've got now.

I would probably vote for Hilary though, even though I'm not very fond of the Democrats either. Provided she doesn't temporarily lose her senses like she did in her last campaign.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
Think we might see a combo package ticket in '16? A combined Republican/Democrat ticket? The Dem the Prez candidate & the Repub their VP? Or vice-versa? Maybe a Conservative Democrat on top of the ticket & a Liberal Republican on the bottom?

WOULD Hillary, CLINTON, not Duff, pick a Republican as her VP were she to get the nomination in '16? A Liberal Republican would be the assumed pick, but are there any Conservative Republicans that could or would work as a VP to/for Hillary &/or any other Democrat who gets the nomination? Hillary being a Liberal Democrat would probably go for a Liberal Republican as her VP were she to pick a Repub as her VP.

Most likely we WON'T see a Unity Ticket in '16:( I think the CLOSEST we'll ever get to that was the scuttlebut back in '04 about McCain (R-C) becoming L-D Kerry's VP. Remember that?

In the end & in the final analysis does ANY of this partisanship matter? As Jesse Jackson said, the Republicans & Democrats aren't TWO parties. They're ONE party with TWO names. They aren't GRIDLOCKED. They're HIPLOCKED. With that reality, & its practicality shown in the power lock the political duopoly (Dems & Repubs) has & have on the U.S., all our dreams & fantasies about third parties having a chance are sadly futile in the end:( The Republicrats & Demoplicans WON'T allow it.