Rereading "Atlas Shrugged"...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Read "Atlas Shrugged" around...12 years ago? Got a lot out of it. But hoped I wouldn't have to reread it for at least another 8 years. But here I am.

It starts out clunkier than I remembered it. I don't know if it just takes getting used to the writing style or what, but now I'm getting into it. I also don't remember it being so overtly black and white. Rand really doesn't leave any grey areas. Within a paragraph you know if a character is a Good Guy or a Bad Guy. And the Bad Guys will never EVER do anything good or likeable. Meanwhile, the Good Guys will have a complete blind spot to the realities of life in a world run by Bad Guys. She really hammers you over the head with it to make no doubt of her point. But I guess I can live with it.

I said I hoped I wouldn't have to read it for at least 8 more years, but truth be told, I should have read it 2-3 years ago. A lot of things that have been happening really make a lot more sense from her perspective.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I read that in third grade. I think it shaped my early intellectualism. Used to go to live lectures with my mom back in the day.