RIP Corey Haim

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Corey Haim Dead of Overdose

Corey Haim, the 80s teen movie idol who grew into a cautionary tale of the perils of childhood fame, has been found dead of an apparent drug overdose at the age of 38.

TMZ broke the story, and it's now been confirmed by the LAPD. Haim, best known for roles in The Lost Boys and License to Drive, and later for the reality show The Two Coreys (with Corey Feldman, who was far less troubled than Corey Haim), was found in his apartment early this morning:

Haim died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an apparent accidental overdose, according to the LAPD's North Hollywood Division. He was found unresponsive at an Oakwood apartment, near Burbank, police said. His mother was at the home at the time.

Haim had publicly struggled with drugs for years. He told a reporter in 2007 that he had been taking up to 85 Valium a day at the height of his habit. According to his personal website, a B-movie called American Sunset released in January "is being touted as Corey Haim's big comeback to movies."
So sad. Anyone who watched the reality show The Two Coreys can't be completely shocked that this happened, though. RIP.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Fuck 'em.

People that get life handed on a silver platter and fuck it up should not be mourned for except by their friends and family.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I had such a huge crush on him from Lost Boys.

And always wondered why he had a sexy poster of Rob Lowe in his closet....

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
He was pretty. I know how easy it is for drugs to take hold of someone. R.I.P.