Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Peter Falk

I'm trying to think of a "just one more thing..." style reply, but I'll just post a sad smiley instead. :(

Fuckit!

Why couldn't those studio bastards let him film the one last episode he wanted to do a few years back.

If it wasn't for Columbo's great success, he would have been a far more prolific character actor, with an adaptability up there with some of my other favourites of that kind - Rene Auberjonois & John Lithgow in particular.

It's sad to have it confirmed that he had dementia, knowing what people can end up like with that. At least fans have a lot to look back on fondly, even if it'll always be a bone of contention that there wasn't just one more thing.

It was a spinoff show called Mrs. Columbo that he had nothing to do with. She played his wife, a reporter, who ends up solving mysteries just like her hubby. But he never appeared in it. It premiered after Columbo's original run had ended in the late 70s, and it only lasted 13 episodes.

It was a spinoff show called Mrs. Columbo that he had nothing to do with. She played his wife, a reporter, who ends up solving mysteries just like her hubby. But he never appeared in it. It premiered after Columbo's original run had ended in the late 70s, and it only lasted 13 episodes.

Ah. I had mentioned this to my dad and brother at dinner. I thought it was Angela Lansbury that had played Mrs. Columbo.

Sounds terrible! And wouldn't she have been a bit young to be married to Columbo?

When they started making the new episodes of Columbo years later they added a line about some imposter going round pretending to be his wife.