Safe Mode or Something Else? Seeking Advice

Mirah

I love you
I have a PC-I believe it is Windows 98. It may have started in safe mode.
I was told to try to restart it-and press the F8 key and choose "start pc in normal operation"
I did this-but it did not work.
I have 3 profiles on my computer. (Imagine that)
And each is the same-so I believe it is not in my personal screen settings-or resolution-
Here are the symptoms: It is acting like it is in safe mode-the fonts are huge-and the colors are messed up. I cannot see my task bar. I am accessing most of my things by pressing ctrl alt dlt.
WTF?
I am sure it is a simple solution-I hope.

It worked fine the other night. I lost power-and I guess I never shut down my PC-I thought I did. Anyway-that is when I began to have these symptoms.

Thanks.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
Just buy a new one, or reformat...that'll fix it.

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
Jusy buy a new one, no sweat. lolwut?

I Love Cunt

Watch It
I actually want to. I would rather have a lap top too. I could reformat-I am trying to figure out how to do that without being able to acess everything properly. SuN must think I am rich. Thanks SuN.

SuN

U don't need to be rich to get a kick-arse pc; many nerd guys build them for half the price, if not moar; u jst need to find the nerd store that do it.
My 90yr old grandfather just bought a pretty expensive dell with like 1tb of memory (LUL)
I checked his system, and its the same as mine that I got for more than half the price!

Migrate, do it, go go go u will congratulate urself for quite sometime after.

Till then just reformat, google, take notes and do it.
From wat i remember its pretty easy, back up data, wipe the drive and load teh disk, tada finished.

SuN

Or mabee u gotta put the disk in first, b4 wiping, yas...i thinks its that way around.
If i can do it, u can

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Building your own PC isn't actually that cheaper than buying one. The good deals you'll find will be only slightly above the cost of the individual parts if you were to buy them somewhere cheap, and when you're building your own you run a pretty good chance of ruining some of the hardware at some point, even if you're pretty experienced with hardware. Vista Home Basic is $200, and XP Home is still around $120 (I assume you want to stay with Windows), so you'll have to factor that in, too. In general, it's only worth doing if you're a nerd who wants a high-performance PC and you know exactly what specs you want.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Here are the symptoms: It is acting like it is in safe mode-the fonts are huge-and the colors are messed up. I cannot see my task bar. I am accessing most of my things by pressing ctrl alt dlt.
That's just Windows 98. You need to get your hands on a copy of XP.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It was a joke, but seriously, Win98 is the most problematic, useless and bloated version of them all. The sooner it can be repleced, the better.

SuN

As I said, find a nerd store and buy the pc from them.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!

Mirah

I love you
I just copied all of my files onto an external hard drive and am going to attempt to repair this. If I can't it will be going to the doctor. Wish me luck.