Say hello to Crystal (True Blood)

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Lindsay Pulsipher from The Beast has been cast as Crystal.

Hmmmm...

I'll post more on a longer commercial break.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
acceptable casting for that part....

Crystal.jpg

Tisiphone

She doesn't have that bitchy look, though.

curiousa2z

they're saving that for whoever plays Debbie Van Pelt - whom I hate already before we've even met her! LOL

Tisiphone

LoL. They could cast Kate Winslet and I'd hate the BIATCH just on principle!

curiousa2z

yeppers! I hope whoever they DO cast knows what she's in for...

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Wait, who's Crystal? I'm 3/4 of the way through Dead To the World, but I don't remember her! I do know Debbie Van Pelt, of course. The CUNT.

Big Dick McGee

Der, nevermind, she's the one who Jason is last seen with in the bar, and she's the niece of Calvin. But that actress looks NOTHING like the description of Crystal! She's supposed to be short, thin, and dark-haired.

curiousa2z

ha! sez you!
Since one can only base what one sees in one's imagination after reading Harris' description, she's close enough.
1She's a Hollywood actress! - she's thin!
2She's only 5'5",(which will be short compared to the guys she's going to be playing opposite ) and
3She may be darkening her hair colour yet.... Trust the Casting POTB; they've been brilliant so far.

The only character from canon who has not been anything as I pictured them has been the Queen.

Big Dick McGee

The biggest question: WHERE'S BUBBA??? LOL he's the one I want to see most!

Tisiphone

^I don't think they can do him without it turning cartoonish.

Big Dick McGee

I reckon. Just about done with Dead To the World, looks like Jason will be a were-panther. LOL these books get wackier and wackier, but they're still pretty good.

Cassie or Tisi, have either of you read any of Harris' other series? I read Grave Surprise, and it was good, I'm keeping an eye out for more of her books at the library.

curiousa2z

^what am I, chopped liver?

Grave Surprise , An Ice Cold Grave and Grave Secret are all at our library. The series is pretty good but it sometimes bugs me with how powerless Harperis...e.g.how she gets overwhelmed by depression. I really like Charlaine Harris, even though this series is not nearly as fun as the Sookie Stackhouse books.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I haven't read anything but Living Dead in Dallas!

Tisiphone

SHAME

Tisiphone

And yes, I've read the Teagarden mysteries. Pretty good stuff.

curiousa2z

yeah- now Aurora Teagarden - she's feisty! and she uses her brains. I like that series alot.
but we only have Poppy Done to Death, The Julius house, A Fool and His Honey and Dead Over Heels out of the 8 in that series. I try to keep an eye out for any Harris books when I'm at yard sales or second-hand bookstores just in case.

Tisiphone

I saw some Charlaine Harris books at Best Buy the other day. Go figure!!

Tisiphone

If I want books, I go to a bookstore, not a tech store. Weirdos!!!