SC briefing room threads: Exclusive!!!

VKD

Banned

Friday

Bazinga!
You know, I honestly don't even remember where I found these, but I bookmarked 'em so I wouldn't lose them.

A bit of old school history:

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/trekbbsexposed4/

All the links work, it just takes awhile for them to open. Be patient.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Lisa said:
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Trek Nation Administrator [/FONT]
posticon.gif
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]posted September 15, 2002 18:27 [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]People, change your password. Change it regularly and change it to something that's not obvious. Keep your Trek BBS password seperate from anything else.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]DON'T use obvious Trekkish passwords. Voyager, Sulu, Kirk, Janeway - if it's easy to guess, please don't use it.
Ideally, passwords should include a mixture of lower and uppercase lettera and at least one number or character.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I'm sorry if this is obvious to you guys. But the same problems keep arising. We end up having the trauma of the past few days because of a little lack of thought. [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Pick a good password. Change it every so often. Please.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I cannot impress upon you how important this is.[/FONT]
Well, that didn't really work, did it?

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I knew someone at EI who used "password" for his password. He paid for that too.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Ask Menty. ;)

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
CoyoteUgly said:
I knew someone at EI who used "password" for his password. He paid for that too.
Yeah him and about 100 other members could use some lessons on password security :lol:

Friday

Bazinga!
Just reading over some old threads, for nostalgia's sake.

Free karma to the person who can tell me what Lisa's ASS is!

Damn, I really have been around waaaaaay too long.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Grandtheftcow said:
Yeah him and about 100 other members could use some lessons on password security :lol:

Just over 100, yup. ;)

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Please PM me a copy