Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sci-Fi (SyFy!) aired an entire day's worth of Star Trek: Enterprise today

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
And it pretty much sucked. Not that I watched all of it again or anything, because I'm not quite that masochistic. The best part of it is that it just ended and they followed it up with the "LOST" episode "Adrift", featuring the Dharma Shark and plenty of WAAAAAAaaaalllltttttTTTT! !'s.

Linda-Park-picture-Z1G145248_b.jpg

I could believe that.

If they'd done a whole season of Enterprise in the Mirror Universe it might have been good.

I don't see how. Where's the dramatic tension when there's just a procession of evil characters killing eachother until the guy who cleans the loos ends up as fleet admiral?

Well no one in BSG has a name chosen to match their ethnic type (since they're all an alien planet.) Skulls is black and his name is Hamish McCall. I do wonder why they chose the name "Hoshi" though.

I could believe that.

I don't see how. Where's the dramatic tension when there's just a procession of evil characters killing eachother until the guy who cleans the loos ends up as fleet admiral?

That sounds awesome, so that's how, yes.

Meh. I didn't like any of the mirror universe eps much, except the original. Everyone was just a lesbian caricature. 26 episodes of that and you'll be bored stiff (possibly literally).

In a Mirror, Darkly looked fantastic, though.

Maybe it just seemed good because it was a lot more FUN than the usual Enterprise nonsense (and it was cool seeing them in the TOS uniforms and TOS sets.)

That's what I liked about it. Even enough to download it back in my 56k days. But I wouldn't want to see those campy characters every week.

That was the episode Shatner was meant to be in.

Kirk was meant to have been quantum duplicated when they beamed him back to the enterprise, like what happened with Riker, so one got saved, and one went to the mirror universe with the defiant.

We would have got to see a Kirk who was alive in proper star trek canon, potentially not being killed off either, but Shatner wanted too much money, so he never appeared in it.

Ironically they are saying the reason he isnt in the new film is because he is dead in canon, so if he had just made that appearence he might have been in the film after all.

Still he's had emmeys, golden globes, and sang common people since then, so its swings and roundabouts

That would've made some actual sense, provided they accounted for his age different (not too tricky). Although he'd probably be a slightly different character after spending that much time alone and not having all the experiences our Kirk had.

Yeah, he would be Shatners age, meaning he must have spent 40 years as a prison of the tholians, he would be different alright, but still fundimentally Kirk.