Seinfeld Seasons 1-4

I just rented them in the $1 section at Family Video & am set to copy them all to dvd! :)

Yes, sometimes life is just THAT good! ;)

The Question

Eternal
What are you using to compress the eps for multiple episodes on DVD? All I've got for DVD burning is Sonic MyDVD (standard) and I can't seem to get more than 2 episodes in DivX AVI onto a single disc. :-?

The Question said:
What are you using to compress the eps for multiple episodes on DVD? All I've got for DVD burning is Sonic MyDVD (standard) and I can't seem to get more than 2 episodes in DivX AVI onto a single disc. :-?

I have a dvd burner & i use dvd shrink to compress & burn each disc in it's entirety, complete with menus & extra features. I have never noticed any loss of video quality when burning a disc.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
The Question said:

DOOD! Get Nero Ultimate Edition v.6.0. I *ahem* found it online for nothing...if you know what I mean (I illegally downloaded it from Torrentspy, and now I will most likely go to jail).

Seriously, that program does EVERYTHING. Ask Menty or Gagh how the Veronica Mars I burned for them turned out. BTW, did you ever get a copy of that?

The Question

Eternal
Big Dick McGee said:
DOOD! Get Nero Ultimate Edition v.6.0. I *ahem* found it online for nothing...if you know what I mean (I illegally downloaded it from Torrentspy, and now I will most likely go to jail).

Cool, trade you my stale, chewy corn for your tiny, cardboard-flavored dinner roll, 'cause I'll probably be right there in that same jail. By way of saying I did exactly the same thing and got exactly the same program. I didn't know you could use Nero to burn DVDs -- I've only seen the option to make VCDs with it.

Seriously, that program does EVERYTHING. Ask Menty or Gagh how the Veronica Mars I burned for them turned out. BTW, did you ever get a copy of that?

You sent me a copy of that, and I been lovin' it.

The Question

Eternal
Henoch said:
I have a dvd burner & i use dvd shrink to compress & burn each disc in it's entirety, complete with menus & extra features. I have never noticed any loss of video quality when burning a disc.

Ah. So what I would need to do, then, would be to use MyDVD to create the DVD image, then compress the burn the image to disc using DVDShrink. About how many episodes can you get on a single DVD? I don't download these things in DVD format, but as individual episodes (usually DivX AVIs)so I have to author the DVDs myself, you see.

The Question

Eternal
^^Correct. But Henoch is the queerish King of TV (or possibly TS/TV, he's never gone into detail) so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to find out what he's usin'.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I assume you're downloading Ep's in AVI format and then wanting to convert them to VOB? Henoch is taking offical DVD's and then basically making carbon copies of them minus protection. So he is never dealing with AVI's whatsoever, so you will both be using a different system. I agree with BDM, just get Nero and do it that way.

I dont even have a DVD burner. Well I do, but its on my laptop and I never use it. I usually decrypt DVD's to the hardrive into raw files and then convert them to Xvid avi using Gordian Knot. I just stick stuff on CD's and play them off my PC, I prefer it that way anyway.

Try this link for tips Q.

http://www.avi-vcd.com/avi-dvd.asp

Oh, and Seinfeld rules.

Big Dick McGee

Nero will convert and compress the files for you. You can fit about four 44-minutes shows on one DVD. The quality is still pretty good, but you're better off putting 2 eps per disc.

Believe me, I am only semi-computer literate, Nero does all the work for me.

Big Dick McGee

Miranda said:
when do I get my copy again BDM?

I should be able to burn the whole season by next weekend, I have two other projects I need to finish first. If I send it out on Halloween, you should get it by the end of the week.

BTW, I am also saving all of season 2 on my HD, so I can burn those as well.

TQ, you want season two as I burn 'em?

The Question

Eternal
Well, I discovered that I've gotten rid of Nero (don't remember doing that, but Oh well.) So I got Sonic MyDVD Studio Deluxe 6.1 instead, and it seems to do a damn fine job. I took your advice about doing 2 eps per disc, and the quality is still good -- although I'd like to know how they got 4 eps per disc on the official Firefly DVDs at the same quality...