Shit Politics

Cranky Bastard

The latest (and my last issue) of US News and World Report has two fluff pieces on presidential hopefuls: Obama and Vilsack.

Sheeeit.

Democratic governor Vilsack is touted in expected fashion as an "outsider."
24.gif

Of course, everyone touted by the political-thought-of-the-moment is considered an "outsider."

Vilsack's credentials to be considered an "outsider"? He raises taxes and is pro-life. Yeah, shit. So does McCain, the republican "outsider." Are these media idiots that stupid or do they think we're that stupid? We all know the answer to that, don't we?

The Obama fluff? He's a true "outsider." His credentials? He supports tax increases and is muslim who asks why we can't all get along. Sheeeit. They can't even attempt to hide their insipid views on political change.

Both are claimed to be "edgy" because... why? No real reason, just that it sounds good to be "edgy." As if more taxes (or less) and a pro-life or pro-abortion stance would be any different from the established and entrenched two parties that control America.

The non-aligned political opinion piece? "We need more government, more taxes, and more control over lives." This is "edgy"?

I have nothing but scorn for the idiots who vote one of the two parties because they think anything else is a "wasted vote." How well has their voting strategy worked out? Both democrats and republicans are laughing as they make us dance to their partisan rhetoric while they both work as fast as they can to grow government and strip away the constitution's limits on government.

In fact, let's just admit the truth: the constitution is long fucking dead. Let's stop paying lip service to the idea. It demeans our intelligence.

The truly wasted vote is voting for one of the two-party big-government ass-rapers. Bend over, voter, here comes another election to vote-in a dem or rep and get screwed for another few years.

Endless cycle of stupidity.
mad0177.gif

The Question

Eternal
The American people shouldn't be represented by an "edgy" "outsider."

Both of those buzzwords mean one thing: a maverick who'll do only what he (or she) wants, and the will of the people be damned. That's the absolute antithesis of representation.

Cranky Bastard

We aren't getting represented now as it is - "edgy outsider" is just the media's way of selling us on the same old shit.

The Question

Eternal
Too bad most people are too stupid to see through it.

Cranky Bastard

That's what I call the "football politics" mentality (no aspersion to the sport). Voters believe that only two parties can be on the field playing at one time. Then, the politicians inflame the voter with partisan rhetoric and hysteria so that we're always at each other's throats and not focused on the shit the politician is pulling.

Meanwhile, the politicians are fucking us as fast as they can.

The Harlot

Cranky Bastard said:
That's what I call the "football politics" mentality (no aspersion to the sport). Voters believe that only two parties can be on the field playing at one time. Then, the politicians inflame the voter with partisan rhetoric and hysteria so that we're always at each other's throats and not focused on the shit the politician is pulling.

Meanwhile, the politicians are fucking us as fast as they can.

I won't vote for either team, but I'll maybe vote for the streaker that runs across the play field.