Small request-Keep my daughter in your thoughts

Chatty

Her name is Jennifer and she's barely 7 months pregnant with her first baby and our first grandbaby. Her husband took her to the emergency room today because she was spotting and having small contractions. The hospital found a bladder infection and started an IV for that. The contractions and spotting have stopped and her blood pressure is back down. The doctor is keeping her overnight for observation, just in case. The baby is just over 3 pounds right now so doesn't need to come into the world just yet.

I really hope it was the infection messing with her and not something else.

Chatty

I wondered what that was sneaking up on me :)

Thanks, C2

*Sends one back*

Friday

Bazinga!
My prayers and good thoughts are with you, and your family.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
My brotherinlaw's wife just went through that and then she delivered preemee so God bless your daughter.

She is in our thoughts, prayers and hearts here in Vermont.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Good thoughts, soft prayers for Jennifer and the baby. I hope all will be back to normal and the pregnancy continues without incident.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Good thoughts coming your way. Keep us posted.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
This would be a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) and is not wholly uncommon in pregnancy.

Her doctor will have her drinking lots of water and have her on medication. The worst thing to arise from UTI is kidney infection which can induce early labour and is caused by asymptomatic bacteriuria. But since it was caught fast and she is allready under care that is not something you will have to worry about. This won't harm the baby, btw.

All the same, I will keep her in my thoughts.

Lunagoth

Mentalist said:
Her doctor will have her drinking lots of water and have her on medication. The worst thing to arise from UTI is kidney infection which can induce early labour and is caused by asymptomatic bacteriuria.

Right. And if this happens, this can be treated with antibiotics which takes under a week of just taking a pill once or twice a day and it's done. I think things will be okay.

EnglishRose

addle barn
Chatty - my thoughts are with you and your family.

Chatty

Thanks, everyone :)

She stayed overnight and should get to go home sometime today. Everything is (hopefully) back to normal.

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
They'll probably just have her take it easy for a bit.

Once the baby gets to 5 lbs, usually the woman is home free.

(I was 4-8 when born, almost 2 months early, back in the day before the fancy stuff that saved stuff.)

Hang in there. :)

Chatty

Her baby is due Feb 28 so she still has a ways to go.

She got to go home yesterday with some antibiotics and she's feeling better.

What complicates things a bit more is that the stubborn boy is heads up in the womb so if she'd gone into labor they would have had to do a C-section.