Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, I have Windows 7 Pro.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Now I have to get a 1.5tb external hardrive to backup all my files before I install it, because I'm upgrading from a lower platform.

Why is nothing simple?

It's preferable to have your files on a seperate HDD than the OS. A clean install is also much better and...well...cleaner than the upgrade option so while it's a pain it will be worth it in the long run.

I'm certainly going to lean that way with my more important files - music, word, excel, photos, ect.

It just means I'm going to have to sit on the update a few weeks while I can pluck up the motivation to get an external hardrive.

I upgraded from XP without using an external HD. My files didn't get wiped; they're all archived in a separate directory under c.

Well if it lets you upgrade then you won't lose your files. Everything will get filed in Windows.old