So My Wife Got This Cat...

CoyoteUglySC

She found a manx on the side of the highway. Half-manx, actually. He has a nub which I've found comes in handy.

I'm so-so on cats. I don't like long-haired cats because they often look like something I pull out of my bathtub drain (remember, I live with three females but I'm the one who's virtually bald). I'll tolerate most short-hairs so long as they stay out of my way.

Jen named him "Bossman." Funny, I thought I was the bossman around here.

Guess not, huh?

This b*stard hates me. It's getting personal. I tried making friends with him but he looks at me and treats me like I'm less than scum. I was squatted down to reach into a low cabinet...didn't have a shirt on...and apparently my back looks just like a scratching post or bark or something because he decided to sharpen his claws on me. That's when I found out the nub comes in handy.

For cheap thrills, he likes to stalk my ducks and jump in the middle of them. He destroys newspapers. He pissed on my computer chair and I'm just glad he didn't piss on my keyboard or there most certainly would be a killing. Jen says he's going through a phase. I'd like to see him go through a tree-shredder.

Jen got me this water pistol from Wal-mart and told me to spray him whenever he's somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. What am I...five? I didn't know they still made water pistols. This is what prompted pissing in my chair.

Jen wants to take him to the vet and get him fixed. I've offered to de-ball him for free. She won't take me up on that.

So...I've taken to screaming at him at the top of my lungs whenever I see him. Every time. He can't handle that; apparently I look like a giant...well, coyote... or something. Of course, he runs to Jen and then looks at me like he just witnessed a triple axe murder or something.

I predict a cat disappearance sometime in the near future.

G

GrandtheftcowSC

Throw something at it that’s big and will scare the sh*t of it but won’t necessarily hurt it, like a tennis ball. Eventually the cat will just hide when it sees you.

CaitrionaSC

^ That'll work.

D

Dark LinkSC

I always prefered chucking them across the room onto something like a couch or a bed. Either they learn to behave or they learn to love flying.

S

SpideySC

Cats mark their territory by either rubbing their scent on something or by 'pissing' on it. I had a cat once, and he only rubbed thank god. Used to also have a water gun as well. Worked great. I used to also throw a newspaper at him if he got too annoying. It was big and heavy enough to scare him, but not hurt him.

I don't really care for cats. He found me, and never left. Didn't have the heart to get rid of him because he probably would have been put down. So I kept him. Good luck.

L

Lost CauseSC

If y'all get that thing fixed, it should stop the spraying. Believe me, I can sympathize with how you loathe cat urine smell all over everything. We got one that's fixed, but has a medical problem that when he's stressed, he'll hammer something. Thankfully, for me, it's usually something of my wife's and not mine. :p Though, recently, he did hit the carpet in the den right behind the computer.

MorrhiganSC

Geez, get the poor cat fixed and have a vet check him over in general.

I adopted a cat several years ago who was a real b*tch, complained all the time, wouldn't let you pet her, growled at the drop of a hat. One day I noticed blood on her hind end, and took her to the vet - turned out she had impacted, infected anal glands (yowch!), and her teeth were rotten. Once the bad teeth and the anal glands were removed, she turned out to be the sweetest little cat. She loved to snuggle, and whenever I picked her up she'd immediately start purring and nuzzling under my chin.

Bossman's pissy personality may very well be a result of health problems. And the aggressive behavior will definitely subside once he's been neutered.

Kefka

MorrhiganSC said:
Geez, get the poor cat fixed and have a vet check him over in general.

I adopted a cat several years ago who was a real b*tch, complained all the time, wouldn't let you pet her, growled at the drop of a hat. One day I noticed blood on her hind end, and took her to the vet - turned out she had impacted, infected anal glands (yowch!), and her teeth were rotten. Once the bad teeth and the anal glands were removed, she turned out to be the sweetest little cat. She loved to snuggle, and whenever I picked her up she'd immediately start purring and nuzzling under my chin.
This is really heartwarming. Thanks for finally having me, by the way.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
What the hell is the point of filtering out bad words if they still use them?

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Henoch

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I still never got a confirmation email. :(