Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone got paid for this.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
So I was at the gym yesterday at an unusual time--around 1:30 or 2:00.

All of the televisions sets were tuned to one soap opera or another. Something called Passions popped up on NBC, and the lyrics to the theme song showed up in the closed captioning:

I would hold the hand of the one who could lead me places
And kiss the lips of the one who could sing so sweet

And I would fly on the wings
Of the bird I knew could take me higher

Breathe in, breathe out you keep me alive
You are the fire burning inside of me. You are my passion for life.

You know someone got paid to write this shit. Maybe it's not as pathetic when you're only hearing it, instead of reading the lyrics.

Nah. Looked up the lyrics in Google. I only remembered the "breathe in, breathe out" part, because it just sounded so stupid.

Okay, here's a weird and disturbing coincidence--this show is going to start airing daily on SciFi next week? WTF?

Sardonica said:
^Whew. You scared me for a minute!

Really? That's bizarre... Is it scifi at all? A scifi soap isn't actually a bad idea... Link?

I'll have to look for a link. I'm watching Outer Limits on SciFi right now, and there was a commercial.

Okay. There's apparently a witch in the show. So I think I've seen this before when I was at the gym, because I remember a soap opera with Nanny from Nanny and the Professor and she was playing a witch and there was some freaky boy with her.

It was really, really bad.

Here's NBC's introduction to the show:

http://www.nbc.com/Passions/about/index.shtml

Well, let's hope that the money they save from airing a show their parent company already owns the rights to will be used to make sure that shows like Galactica continue to be made.

I'm not sure what to think of SciFi. I've never been particularly happy with the channel. From day one it seemed interested in airing only those things that were cheap. I was pleased with their Special Editions of TOS, and thought that perhaps they were actually going to start performing a service to these older shows, by making them events, but that quickly ended.

But, hey, they give us wonderfully programming like Mansquito or whatever the fuck that movie was.

I watched Passions for awhile, when it was first starting, but then it got too much, following that soap, and Days of Our Lives, which immediately followed it. I've been watching Days now for 12 or so years.

If there were any soap I would compare Passions to, it would be Dark Shadows. Passions isn't as gothic, however, and is more placed in the contemporary world.

I'm starting to watch General Hospital again. I used to watch it in the Luke and Laura days (circa 1980), but fell away. All the old characters are coming back, tho, and that's bringing me back as well.

Dark Shadows was actually playing on SciFi a few years back. It was one of the shows they played for their daily marathons. I think it was in 2001 and 2002. Hated the damn show myself.

The thing is, they have Soap Net. Why can't they keep that crap there?