Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sommer Project Completed

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
In an earlier post, I showed photos of a 1968 Chevy Camaro that I've owned for 12 years and finally managed to get painted and restored. Here is another car that I bought reciently that I've been working on. Its a 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage. I bought it for $600 and spent about another $1000 in mechanical and bodywork on it. The only reason I bought it was because it has a 5-speed manual transmission and for some reason, stick shifts are VERY hard to come by in the US nowadays!

Sorry "Sommer" should have been spelled "Summer" :eek:

This car runs like a dream. The only problem is the exhaust. The car takes off pretty fast for a 4-banger, but the exhaust sounds just like grandma's sewing machine. I want to give it a little bit of a throaty sound, without resorting to putting a "fart can" at the end of the exhaust system!

Take off the stock muffer and replace with a straight pipe. Then put this as your tip (it will act as a muffler but also give you a much better sound).

http://www.yourhotcar.com/prod/Ansa/Exhaust/Exhaust_Tips/Universal_Ansa_Silverline_Diesel_Bolt-On_Rolled_Edge_Slant_Cut_Exhaust_Tip_-_Stainless_Steel_-_6_Inch_-_TK6012SRB5/795634/

1270579336401486.jpg

Ansa just makes 4 bangers sound "right", IMHO. Had one on my old BMW 2002.

Alternatively, I hear that putting on a trombone bell at the end of the tail pipe will do wonders :bigass:

Take off the stock muffer and replace with a straight pipe. Then put this as your tip (it will act as a muffler but also give you a much better sound).

http://www.yourhotcar.com/prod/Ansa/Exhaust/Exhaust_Tips/Universal_Ansa_Silverline_Diesel_Bolt-On_Rolled_Edge_Slant_Cut_Exhaust_Tip_-_Stainless_Steel_-_6_Inch_-_TK6012SRB5/795634/

1270579336401486.jpg

Ansa just makes 4 bangers sound "right", IMHO. Had one on my old BMW 2002.

I took your advice and did as you said. She sounds MUCH better now :techman:

Man I am loving the hell out of this car right now. :D

This car both drives and reminds me so much of the very first car I ever owned. It was a 1975 Opel Asconda. This car (just like the Mirage) had a 5 speed manual transmission and was very light and fast. I used to totally love flying down the German Autobahn in that thing. It wasnt very fast, but it was so small and light that it made you feel like you were driving alot faster than you actually were

This Mitsubishi drives the exact same way. Man I love this thing.

Every since I bought it and started working to restore it, I've done nothing to my 68 camaro other then park it in the garage. I plan on taking it out this Sunday and put as many miles as possible on it before the snow starts to fall.

:)

This is a photo of a 1975 Opel Ascona. The exact same car I had when I lived in Germany, same color and all! :cool:

Ha :)

Those last photos were uploaded back last summer. This is what she looks like now..(after a little wear and tear) :eek:

If all goes well, this summer I plan on sending her to a Body shop to have her painted and restored professionally :cool: