Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Springfield XD 4" and 5"

Dark Link said:
Mainly, the 5" gives better accuracy, and the 4" has more styles to choose from.

The accuracy I can see. But the styles? They both come with rails, and can be in either stainless or blued.

God I miss the gun forum.............................................................. :(

[delurk]

The Springfield Armory site isn't that well layed out. From looking, it seems as though one is four inches, and the other is five. The five inch might also be ported, but that wasn't clear either. Other than that, same gun.

I downloaded the catalog. When I have more time, I'll look into it further. Sorry, I don't have time to really get into any research at the moment. Real life has hit, and I need to tend to that first.

[relurk]

RobL said:
[delurk]

The Springfield Armory site isn't that well layed out. From looking, it seems as though one is four inches, and the other is five. The five inch might also be ported, but that wasn't clear either. Other than that, same gun.

I downloaded the catalog. When I have more time, I'll look into it further. Sorry, I don't have time to really get into any research at the moment. Real life has hit, and I need to tend to that first.

[relurk]

It's good to hear from you, RobL. I was hoping you'd post. :)

I looked at the SA site, and there is very little infor about it. Porting is optional for both the 4" and 5" version. Other than a slight improvement in accuracy (very slight perhaps), I can't see why one should spring for the 5"? Maybe you'll discover the reason when you have the chance. I'll be looking too. Thanks.