Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Fry "up"

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Stephen-Fry-Up.jpg

Selling crisps under the guise of comic relief...

I know he has never been shy of commercial work, but it does feel odd doesn't it?

Oh, so that's why the noses look like Monster Munch characters? The whole thing's being sponsored by an unhealthy foods company? Yeah, that'll help kids!

I heard this a while back. The other's ain't much better

Steak & Al Pie: Al Murray (surely a "Ruby Murray" flavour would have been better?)
Jimmy Con Carr-Ne: Jimmy Carr
Frank Roast Dinner: Frank Skinner (this is the worst named - "Potato Skinners", perhaps?)

Stephen is coming over to the dark side...

Stephen Fry To Co-Star In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘The Great Indoors’

by Nellie Andreeva
March 15, 2016 4:25pm

Popular British actor/comedian/writer/game show host Stephen Fry is set to co-star opposite Joel McHale in The Great Indoors, CBS‘ multi-camera pilot written by Mike Gibbons and directed by Andy Ackerman. The comedy, from CBS TV Studios, centers on Joel (McHale), an adventure reporter who must adapt to the times when he becomes boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of their magazine.

Fry will play Antonio, the charismatic founder of “The Great Outdoors” magazine, and a world traveler, explorer and adventurer. The employee-boss dynamic between Joel and Antonio is compared to that between Tina Fey’s Liz Lemon and Alec Baldwin’s Jack Donaghy on NBC’s 30 Rock.

The cast also includes Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Shaun Brown and Christine Ko. Gibbons and Ackerman executive produce with Chris Harris, who serves as showrunner.

This marks Fry’s second US pilot. The first also was with CBS and CBS TV — the 2013 Greg Garcia comedy Super Clyde. Fry’s US series credits include arcs on Fox’s Bones and 24: Live Another Day. He is repped by ICM Partners and Hamilton Hodell in the UK.
HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET TO SEE THE PILOT BEFORE CBS DECIDES NOT TO PICK IT UP LOL.