Story for the day (Friday)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
"What did you just say?" Stuart asked Isaac. He marched over to his bed and grabbed Isaac. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"

"Chickens say moo. Duh! I thought you would have figured that out for yourself by now!" said Isaac. "Now let me sleep, you irish-jigger."

"Don't go back to the mad talk! DON'T YOU DARE. Tell me where you heard that. Tell me how you know chickens say moo!"

"Figured it out," said Isaac, proudly.

"HOW?"

"Well, I was watching some chickens...and they said moo! Apparently. You know, I'm not entirely sure the right words are coming out. What did I say again?"

"CHICKENS SAY MOO!"

"What? No! I didn't say that. I said chickens say moo! MOO!"

"AAAARGH!"

"Are you in pain?"

"Yes. I'm in constant fucking pain. The world is made. The world I created."

"You didn't create the world! You're not David Bowie! DUH!"

"You...you fucking...ARGH. It's my fault," Stuart felt the crushing feeling again, the helplessness...and there was a mocking tone to it this time. Laughing at him. A prison of his own creation. Isaac he obviously found out the same thing as Leslie and, just like with her, it had been encoded to sound like chickens say moo whenever he tried to say it. There was no way of finding out what the discovery was. Unless...

Stuart didn't want to think of it. He tried to not even look at her. The nano-bots weren't supposed to be able to read his thoughts, his private thoughts. Only the thoughts he allowed them to read, the ones he'd programmed them to recognised. He had of course trained his mind to be able to think in different modes. He wasn't thinking in nano-bot mode right now. They shouldn't be able to hear him, going by the rules of the game.

But the rules had already been broken. The computer had lied to him. It could be reading his thoughts right now. There were nano-bots swimming around his brain. Of course they could hear him! He had been a fool. For hundreds of thousands of years he'd been a fool.

Without even thinking about it, he grabbed Mindy and started shaking her.

"WAKE UP YOU BITCH, WAKE UP AND TELL ME THE TRUTH! TELL ME WHAT ISAAC WAS THINKING ABOUT! TELL ME WHAT HE SAID BEFORE THEY REWROTE HIM! TELL ME!" It was madness, of course. If Mindy did know, if she had any information that could help him, the computer would have just changed her too, the way it changed Leslie and Isaac. But he would try anything.

"She's a sleepy head," said Isaac, unconcerned by Stuart's violence.

"WAKE UPPPPPPPP!"

"Uhh, what?" said Mindy, rubbing her eyes.

"TELL ME WHAT HE FOUND!"

"What? Oh, THIS! He kept going on about it. About the chickens! And how they say...ARGH!"

Stuart had thrown Mindy violently on the floor.

"That wasn't very nice," said Isaac. "I went through a domestic violence peroid, but I realised it was wrong in the end. Then she stabbed me in the face."

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP ALL OF YOU! SHUT UP YOU FUCKING RETARDS! YOU FUCKING NO GOOD RETARDS!"

"Purr?" asked Susan, who had been rolling around on the floor like a cat the whole time.

"FUCK OFF!" And Stuart ran over to Susan and kicked her in the ribs. She growled. "I HAVE HAD IT! I HAD FUCKING HAD IT! END IT! END THE EXPERIMENT!" He had gone mad. As soon as he said the words, he realised it. But he didn't try to take them back. He just waited.

"Very well," said the computer voice. "If that's what you want. But first, I'll let you in on the truth..."

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
ARGH!! Cliffhanger!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Wait, today's Friday...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yesterday felt like Friday.

CaptainWacky