Story for the day (Saturday)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
To just call them twins really didn't do justice to the complexities of just how Jason and Julia had ended up looking identical. It had started, as many things in the complex had, when they fell in love about a thousand years ago. Each had been in love before, they'd even been in love with each other before, but this time was different, this time it was the REAL thing. They spent every waking moment together, which wasn't all that unusual. They finished each other sentences, which again wasn't all that unusual. As the years went by they started actually saying the exact same things at the exact same time as each other, which was a lot more remarkable. It was said (by them) that they had managed to synchronise their very thoughts and, in essence, had become one person.

That's when they decided to have surgery to become identical.

The first plan was for Julia to have a sex change and become Jason. But someone pointed out that this was a bit sexiest, as it made the masculine apparently superior. So they then decided that Jason would have the sex changed and become Julia. Again though, someone pointed out that that was just as sexiest. So they then decided to simply swap identities, Jason would become Julia and Julia would become Jason and neither of them would even notice the difference as they had the same brains anyway. This was dismissed pretty quickly on the grounds that it was really really stupid.

Then they came up with the idea of running a computer simulation to see what a new entity made from their DNA, 50% from each, would look like. A child, you could say, though of course they couldn't have children in the complex. They were quite please with how this new person would look as decided to both have their appearances changed to this new person's appearance. The computer informed Stuart of this as soon as they reached the decision. He put a stop to it, he did not like the idea of two people changing into one new person. It went against everything he'd tried to maintain. The computer, obviously not divulging Stuart's involvement, told them the surgery had been refused for unspecified reason. This made Julia and Jason very suspicious. They continued to petition for the surgery every year until, finally, Stuart decided to allow it. Years had gone by, a hundred in fact, and he finally decided to just let them do it, to be alturistic for once. It gave him pleasure to think that he'd made two people so happy. He had a good wank over it. So it wasn't completely alturistic.

But Julia and Jason always remembered that hundred year wait and wondered why. It did not make sense to them that the computer would just suddenly change its mind. They began to suspect that something was afoot, everything was not as it seemed. They didn't know what, exactly, they just had a vague feeling of SOMETHING being wrong. The computer even suggested to Stuart that their memory of the 100 year wait be erased so as to end their suspsicions. But Stuart was against this, secretely fearing that such a process would leave them like Leslie. So he let them be. And, it was for this reason that he went to talk to them now. They, at least, were still thinking about the running of the complex.

They were in their shared quarters, watching the news broadcasts from Earth. Stuart himself hadn't watched any in years. He found them too...unusual. There was nothing human about what his ancestors on Earth had become. Watching them felt, to him, exactly the same as watching a work of fiction being acted out.

"Hello, Stuart," said the twins simultaneousy.

"Hi. Still talking at the same time, then," he said.

"Of course," they said. "We'll never go back." Stuart felt a twinge of anger. Two people had been lost to him, forver...three, counting Leslie.

"Watching the news, I see."

"Indeed. The human empire has claimed nine mores planets in the last year. Their influence spreads."

"Are they still nazis?"

"Yes. Facism is the way and the light," said the twins, without a hint of irony. Then they turned around to show that they were both wearing Nazi armbands.

"Well, it's doing well so far," Stuart admitted. "But there will be invaders from outside the galaxy and they will fall...there's always invaders from outside the galaxy and they always fall."

"They cloned the great Hitler," said the twins, with awe.

"Great."

"It does not interest you?"

"I'm more interested in what's going on around here than with clones of dictators who died hundreds of thousands of years ago. Such as with Leslie..."

"Hundreds of thousands. It does not seem that long."

"What?" asked Stuart, thrown.

"Just an idle thought."

"Yeah...yeah...yeah..." said Stuart, some memory coming to him, but he knew not what.

The door opened. The Nursebot came in. The twins did not look up.

"Stuart," said the Nursebot. "Come with me. Leslie has woken up."

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oooo! Can't wait to find out what Leslie has to say.

I Love Cunt

Watch It
So...I had some friends in HighSchool that decided they would TP a house. But they were wearing their letterman jackets (with thier names on the back) and they decided it was a bad idea-so the "great" idea they had was to switch jackets and TP the house anyway and hope no one caught them.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
David Letterman makes jackets?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
his slaves do