TASKMASTER

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The current series has been v good. I had no idea who Morgana Robinson was before this so looking up her previous work was cool. Her impressions of Fearne Cotton and Nadine Cassidy are eerily good.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Me and Fuddlemiff used to talk about her back in the day. She was funny in Vic and Bob's (hit or miss) show House of Fools.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
And Toast! She was in it as two different characters.

Also good The Windsors as an evil Pippa Middleton.

CaptainWacky

^She's in the latest series of Toast too.

CaptainWacky

Series 6 - Yeah, it was a weaker line-up. Someone like Tim Vine you'd expect to be good on it because he is very talented at like writing jokes, but he felt a bit out of place. Felt bad for Alice Levine as she isn't a comedian and they stuck her on there with four comedians so of course she isn't going to be as funny (I still like her!) Still perfectly watchable anyway.

Series 7 - ACASTER! My old foe. And...he's actually good on it? He's was being normal! Reacting to things normally, but in an awkward way which I assume is just how he is in real life. So it's really just panel shows I hate. Well done TM, you got me to not hate Acaster. Phil Wang, on the other hand, did the same "I haggled" joke about five times even though it never got a laugh. Jess Surname was quite funny. Rhod was funny but I could see how he'd probably be a nightmare to deal with if you knew him in real life and could possibly get really aggressive if things didn't go his way? Good series.

CaptainWacky

Only watched the first episode of 8 but HOLY SHIT Iain is annoying. If he's this bad all the way through then I don't know if I'll be able to make it through. Also has to be the least famous line-up ever.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Series 6 - Yeah, it was a weaker line-up. Someone like Tim Vine you'd expect to be good on it because he is very talented at like writing jokes, but he felt a bit out of place. Felt bad for Alice Levine as she isn't a comedian and they stuck her on there with four comedians so of course she isn't going to be as funny (I still like her!) Still perfectly watchable anyway.

Series 7 - ACASTER! My old foe. And...he's actually good on it? He's was being normal! Reacting to things normally, but in an awkward way which I assume is just how he is in real life. So it's really just panel shows I hate. Well done TM, you got me to not hate Acaster. Phil Wang, on the other hand, did the same "I haggled" joke about five times even though it never got a laugh. Jess Surname was quite funny. Rhod was funny but I could see how he'd probably be a nightmare to deal with if you knew him in real life and could possibly get really aggressive if things didn't go his way? Good series.
I remember Acaster being decent on it. When he lashes out at Greg and then gets the stern teacher treatment was really funny.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Only watched the first episode of 8 but HOLY SHIT Iain is annoying. If he's this bad all the way through then I don't know if I'll be able to make it through. Also has to be the least famous line-up ever.
Most of my memories of Series 8 are of Aisling Bea being a cute.

Series 9 is one of my all-time favourite series mainly down to Ed Gamble and David Baddiel being hilarious.

CaptainWacky

Aisling was series 5.

CaptainWacky

Finally got through the absolute slog of series 8. It's a thing I only watch when I'm eating dinner or something, but this series I couldn't even face watching many days so would just watch Neighbours or something on tv instead. Iain Sterling and Lou Sanders are the two most unlikable gits to ever appear on the show, and they were on the same series! Joe was a bit annoying doing a Hugh Grant act all the time. Sian was fine. Paul was probably the most likable but absolute shit at the tasks.

Also annoying that this series was TEN episodes long whereas the earlier, better series were six to eight episodes long.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

9 is much better. I like Rose Matafeo.

Series 9 is one of my all-time favourite series mainly down to Ed Gamble and David Baddiel being hilarious.

Is Baddiel LITERALLY going senile though? Like he keeps forgetting simple words and phrases and misunderstanding even the simplest tasks. It's funny but worrying!

CaptainWacky

Okay so 10 isn't on Sky at all for some reason (they have all the others.) I went to All 4 to watch it and it has UNSKIPPALBE adverts. There's no way I'm sitting through four minutes of ads three times an episode. Plus it's the first covid year and everyone's sitting a mile apart so there's no atmosphere. The line-up isn't impressive either other than Johnny Vegas and he's unlikely to go Full Vegas under the circumstances. So I'm just going to skip the whole series and watch 11.

CaptainWacky

Series 11 - Good line-up. Sarah Kendall was great, happy she won. Lee Mack was fine but I thought this kind of exposed how scripted Would I Lie To You? is (he was nowhere near as witty here.) The weakness though was the tasks themselves. Maybe it was down to covid restrictions, or maybe Alex has just run out of ideas, but they weren't as funny as THE OLD YEARS? Remember when someone would come up with a clever way to interpret the rules and sometimes it would pay off (or not)? There's none of that now.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Just started watching Taskmaster. Watching the current series (14), and then went back and watched 11, and now starting back and watching it from the beginning. Love watching British comedians doing stupid shit.

CaptainWacky

Still slowly watching 12, it has been a good series thanks to the contestants, but the tasks maybe still feel limited by covid concerns? Maybe. Victoria good and nice, Morgana is really funny too. None of them are annoying so that's good.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Just watched Ep 9 of Series 14. Was so happy to see Fern Brady win her first episode. No way she's going to win the series, but she was seriously happy to at least win an episode.

CaptainWacky

Finally started watching season 13. Like Ardal O'Hanlon and Bridget Christie. Sophie Duker quite likable too (maybe not as funny.) Judi Love feels like she's trying to be funny but she isn't too annoying. Think I disliked Chris Ramsey from some previous show but he's fine so far.

CaptainWacky

Finally started watching season 13. Like Ardal O'Hanlon and Bridget Christie. Sophie Duker quite likable too (maybe not as funny.) Judi Love feels like she's trying to be funny but she isn't too annoying. Think I disliked Chris Ramsey from some previous show but he's fine so far.

Judi Love actually ended up being really funny. Maybe she was playing a character a bit or maybe that's just what she's like, who knows! But it's an entertainment show and she was entertaining. "I can rent a dog" or whatever the line was stuck with me (though clearly not enough to remember accurately.) Ardal and Bridget were funny too, Sophie was very good at the tasks and a worthy winner, and Chris was fine. GOOD SERIES.

CaptainWacky

Couple of episodes into series 14. Predictably, already fancy Fern Brady (she's Scottish and austistic, what do you expect.) Dara seems almost too good at the tasks, like no one else will stand a chance of winning. The guy talking about buying a duck from a pharmacy was funny (haven't learned his name.)