The Apartment

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I don't care how many times I've seen it, I still fall in love with this movie all over again, every time I've watched it.

Jack Lemmon - Awesome.
Shirley MacLaine - Awesome.
Billy Wilder - Genius.

I also don't care how unmanly it makes me sound, I'm damn near pushed to tears each time Fran Kubelik utters "Shut up and Deal". I think it's the little gay inside of me trying to get out - and I'm in touch with him, dammit!

apartment.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Now I gotta fit this in tonight, in between the Met game and all the Rue McClanahan vids.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"Promises Promises," the musical based on the movie, is playing on Broadway. The bad news is that it stars Sean Hayes from "Will & Grace" in the Jack Lemmon role.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It opened in April, and he probably has a one-year contract.

How can anyone play the same role in the same play for over a year? The longest I've gone is a month...

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
it's been ages since I've seen that..
which reminds me....three weeks ago sat and watched "Some Like It Hot" with a 21- year-old who'd never seen it before....she loved it. It's still entertaining 'em!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I...I've never seen it. *ashamed*

I'll have to check and see if it's on demand...

I don't care how many times I've seen it, I still fall in love with this movie all over again, every time I've watched it.

Jack Lemmon - Awesome.
Shirley MacLaine - Awesome.
Billy Wilder - Genius.

I also don't care how unmanly it makes me sound, I'm damn near pushed to tears each time Fran Kubelik utters "Shut up and Deal". I think it's the little gay inside of me trying to get out - and I'm in touch with him, dammit!

apartment.jpg

A really great film! I have not seen it in a very long while though. Jack Lemmon is so underrated imo. Jack Lemmon was also good in "The Odd Couple", "The Out of Towners" & "Grumpy Old Men".

eloisel

Forever Empress E
And, "Days of Wine and Roses."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
And:

Glengarry Glen Ross (holy fuck he was great in this)
Mister Roberts
Irma La Douce
Save the Tiger
The China Syndrome
Missing
Mass Appeal
Long Day's Journey Into Night
JFK
Short Cuts
Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet
12 Angry Men
Inherit the Wind

Even his quick cameo as himself in The Player was a joy.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Irma La Douce especially, as it's with the ever delectable Shirley MacLaine and directed by Billy Wilder also. Completely different movie, of course, but the chemistry is there again.