BBUK 2023 THE RETURN

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
While this latest rumour is undeniably exciting, both ITV and Banijay have yet to confirm Big Brother’s comeback, and it is currently unclear when an official statement will be made.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbuk/news/07...eal-for-big-brother-uk-comeback#ixzz7ajcpEjHX

I'm not going to believe anything until there's a statement from ITV. I doubt it's completely made-up, but there's been strong rumours like this before that haven't come to pass...

Only part that excited me was "less interference" but "fewer tasks" or whatever sounds dumb.

Last edited:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
If they turn it into a quasi-dating show a la Love Island/Bachelor, I won't be rushing to watch.

I read that the Love Island finale is tonight, and they may make the announcement during the show...

CaptainWacky

Okay it's official!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

6 weeks is short, but maybe they just want to get their feet wet to start since they are revamping the format...

CaptainWacky

Don't like that they haven't confirmed eviction votes. DON'T MAKE IT LIKE THE AMERICAN RUBBISH (no offense lol.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
COME AND GET IT!

CaptainWacky

He's a priest now or something. It's weird.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

DARE YE HOPE WACKY LAD?

CaptainWacky

Ku3CNpW.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The deed is done. Now the casting people & producers will start stalking clubs and bars for hot shallow people to round out the "real" people (that's what they do in the US version anyway)

CaptainWacky

October is such a weird time to show Big Brother. No sunbathing!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
But still the possibility of running round the backyard naked yelling COME AND GET IT

CaptainWacky

At least they can do a Halloween task where they evict someone wearing a costume and swap in a new housemate wearing the same thing OH THE HILARITY.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

So what do we think of AJ and Will?

Nice to hear the theme song again... and the same announcer...

CaptainWacky

I've seen AJ on things before...she's good looking (YEAH I NOTICED) but has a bit of an annoying voice. She'll be fine, I think. Don't know the guy.

There would have been outrage if they hadn't brought Marcus back to the do the voiceovers...he has a pretty sweety gig.

Interesting that they're using "the ultimate social experiment" as the tagline. Gives SOME hope that the housemates won't all be twenty year old influencers shagging each other while being racsit.

Unfinished house pics:

Some are upset it's on a stage and not a real "house" but does it really matter?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The old house wasn't a real house either -- are people just stupid now? (The answer is yes)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
So no outdoor audience anymore. And the building doesn't look as if there will be room for a large studio audience.

Part of what makes US BB feel cheap is its small indoor studio audience.

No more roaring crowds during evictions? Poo.

CaptainWacky

Yeah I think that's more why people used to complain. The old house was in a residential area (that's why they got told to shut up when they went into the garden at night) and of course had a huge amount of space outside for a thousand screaming chavs baying for blood. Maybe it's possible there's an outside space just around the corner from this soundstage though?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's kind of scary how similar the new studio is to the US BB studio, on the CBS Radford lot in Los Angeles. Right down to a river flowing next door...

LSo657I.jpg