The Best Way I've Ever Seen This Stated

The Question

Eternal
"Viewpoints and theories that are supported by evidence and reason don’t need special laws and jail sentences to protect them. For example, there are people that reject the theory of Darwinian evolution. There are no special laws and jail sentences for such individuals. Evolutionary theory stands on its own body of solid evidence. Ironically, it may be a somewhat favorable sign for the future of Holocaust revisionism that Germany, Austria and other European nations ban Holocaust revisionism.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Like Revisionist scholar Robert Faurisson has pointed out, it suggests to the world that Holocaust revisionism cannot be defeated with evidence and reason.7 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The opponents of revisionism are intellectually impotent, and they cannot defeat revisionism with facts, evidence and logic. Unlike evolutionary theory, the “Holocaust” is a weak and flimsy ideology that needs special laws and jail sentences to protect it."[/FONT]

The presumption of an absence of evidence on the other side is the fatal flaw in that gem.

It was a genocide that targeted a religion. Revisionists who think that a cool, Vulcan delivery of their argument will be met with less furor than if they were pounding a podium like the man who spearheaded the genocide, are in for eternal disappointment.

I'm not going to go toe-to-toe with you and have a bibliography-pissing contest, you have all your stuff ready and I don't. But I always shake my head when the Rational Mind tries to tackle issues which are, by their very nature, anything but rational.

Meh, no need anyway. The point isn't which side has more bibliography, charts, graphs, diagrams, dioramas, dramas, dreams, schemes, scams and hams behind it.

The point is, which side's willing to let the other one talk and which one wants to throw the opposition in prison rather than step onto the field and play ball.

Back