Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "K" Fram S&W 357's (mod 66), Diet of Magnum ammo no good?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ironclad
  • Start date Start date
I

Ironclad

I purchased a "K" frame .357 not too long ago, and I keep hearing at the range "Don't put too many mag rounds thorugh it!".

Yes, I know, the L and Heavier frames are supposed to be able to take the round for longer, but there is a significant difference between shooting .38 special rounds and .357 rounds through the same piece. Since, if I ever use it for a serious pruprose (i.e. like stopping a mad TK'er from raiding my fridge un-invited in the middle of the night...or the whole zombie thing), I will be using .357 rounds, I want to practice with what I will use.

I have heard numbers from 2000 to 4000 .357 rounds before the revolver is basically worn out.

Opinions? ARe these people full of shit? Should I have bought an "L" frame model instead? I like my model 66, especially for the lightness.

Looks like the K and L are both medium sized frames. I've heard nothing but good things about the 686 model, which is one I'd recommend looking at if you want to replace or add a more durable(?) revolver. Never heard of the 66. There is a 67 and a 64 listed in their website.