The price of fuel.....

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
$2.03 today. I couldn't believe my eyes. I almost felt like taking a trip somewhere just so I could buy more at that price. Gee, you don't think the upcoming midterm election has anything to do with it do you?

Nahhhhhhh.....

;)
mm

bad dog

<marquee direction="left" behavior="alternate" scr
missmanners said:
Is your state one in danger of losing it's republican senate or house seat in this election to a dem?

;)
mm

Not really, we have two female dem senators in a strong blue state , Maria cantwel is the incombant and mcgavin is the republican trying to take the senate seat. I dont see washington changing any time soon.

The west side is strong dem and the east side is strong republican.

Dems will just keep recounting till they win.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
We're down to $2.39.

Saudi's king said the price of oil was still too high a few weeks ago. He said that high price of oil is good for Saudi but reasonable price of oil is good for the world's economy. More than likely, he is concerned about Iran and their nuclear situation considering Iran would use Saudi as a target. King is trading oil for allies.

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
missmanners said:
$2.03 today. I couldn't believe my eyes. I almost felt like taking a trip somewhere just so I could buy more at that price. Gee, you don't think the upcoming midterm election has anything to do with it do you?

Nahhhhhhh.....

;)
mm

I think it would be a good time in October to purchase some more oil stock.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
1 US gallon = 3.7854118 litres

We are at $1.73 per litre

That makes our price per gallon in the UK $6.55

It was over $2 per litre a few weeks ago

But GW has stated the states are too reliant on Oil - I wonder why?

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Ogami said:
I'm wondering how it was supposed to benefit the GOP when gas prices went to $3.

it doesn't.... quite the opposite in fact. Which is why I believe there is something going on behind the scenes to bring the price down so low this close to the midterm. It's early enough that people wont THINK it's a conspiracy and when it jumps back up about the 10th, it can be blamed on a new demand for winter fuels and home heating oil.

;)
mm

Captain Jack

missmanners said:

Nahhhhhhh.....

;)
mm

Where the hell do you live? I haven't seen $2.03 since...since 2004.... It's a mere $2.77 here.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
I live in NE Ohio between Youngstown and Akron, south of Cleveland, take a right at the Old barn, its the second lane on the left, back half a mile.

;)
mm

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Actually, high gas prices benefit Bush by letting him paint Arabs = Bad, therefore whatever we're doing over there, trust me you're gonna love it.

Also, it lets Bush making ridiculous speeches about spearheading the search for alternative energy sources, as if he had just thought it up the night before. This from a former oil man and family friend to every Saudi mogul in the world, including the Bin Ladens.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
And low gas prices benefit those in charge because people are stupid. Hmmm...gas is going down? Our Fearless Leaders must be the cause! Let's vote for them!

In reality, it's an external issue. There's not really any way for any American politician to manipulate the price of oil, but they'll be sure to claim they did. I'm eyeing a Senate race in a neighboring state that seems to be based mostly on this subject, in fact. In this case, the Democrat challenger is claiming the Republican incumbent was somehow responsible for the high prices. I guess that's not going to work for her much longer.

$2.10/gallon and falling locally, btw.

Ogami

Eggs Mayonaise wrote:

Actually, high gas prices benefit Bush by letting him paint Arabs = Bad, therefore whatever we're doing over there, trust me you're gonna love it.

Yes, Bush paints Arabs=Bad by talking every day about how Iraqis want freedom and Afghanis want democracy and arabs in oppressive police dictatorships want democracy.

Why don't you Bush critics just admit that you are racists who don't think anyone with arab skin color is capable of comprehending democracy and freedom? Bush believes in these people more than you do, apparently.

Let's get the Democrats in charge soon so they can show the world that Democracy is for Americans only. Forget the Klan, the new home of racism is the Democratic Party. And they're proud of it!

-Ogami

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Eggs Mayonnaise said:

Also, it lets Bush making ridiculous speeches about spearheading the search for alternative energy sources, as if he had just thought it up the night before. This from a former oil man and family friend to every Saudi mogul in the world, including the Bin Ladens.

So, which is it - Bush painting Arabs bad in first paragraph or Bush family friend to every Saudi mogul in the world in the second paragraph?

Captain Jack

missmanners said:
I live in NE Ohio between Youngstown and Akron, south of Cleveland, take a right at the Old barn, its the second lane on the left, back half a mile.

;)
mm

Wow, cool thanks. I'll start walking there from California tomorrow morning. :p LOL ;)

Rafterman

There's no place like home-
missmanners said:

Nahhhhhhh.....

;)
mm

NOOOOO! They wouldn't do that!:devious:

Rafterman

There's no place like home-
Ogami said:
Eggs Mayonaise wrote:

Yes, Bush paints Arabs=Bad by talking every day about how Iraqis want freedom and Afghanis want democracy and arabs in oppressive police dictatorships want democracy.

Why don't you Bush critics just admit that you are racists who don't think anyone with arab skin color is capable of comprehending democracy and freedom? Bush believes in these people more than you do, apparently.

Let's get the Democrats in charge soon so they can show the world that Democracy is for Americans only. Forget the Klan, the new home of racism is the Democratic Party. And they're proud of it!

-Ogami

Time for your meds.