"the terrible carnage out there on the roads caused by marijuana."

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
"The explosion of medical marijuana patients has led to a lot of drivers sticking the (marijuana) card in law enforcement's face,...
OMG THERE ARE PEOPLE EXPLODING FROM TAKING MM??? WOW, THAT SHIT REALLY IS DANGEROUS!!!

A bit more on-topic:

Stoned drivers are safe drivers
UK cops are persisting in introducing a series of roadside tests for stoned drivers, despite a study released by the UK Transport Research Laboratory in August 2000, which found that pot-smoking has a minimal if not beneficial effect on driving performance.
The government-funded study was launched under pressure from anti-drug and driving groups, and was an embarassment to the British Ministers who had expected it to support their anti-stoned-driving campaigns.
The British study confirmed the results of a wide variety of research into stoned driving from around the world:
A 1983 study by the US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) used stoned drivers on simulators, and concluded that the only statistically significant effect associated with marijuana use was slower driving.
Link: http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1775.html

Study from University of Limburg: http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/general/mjdrive.htm

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
"concluded that the only statistically significant effect associated with marijuana use was slower driving"

LOL

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
That is not funny! Think about all the devastating carnage slow driving causes on American roads each year!!

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Ah yes, the devastating mental carnage caused to the people by people who can't be bothered to GTF out of the way.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
It's starting to get so silly. I'm a little surprise I can still find people who don't smoke weed.

Can you imagine having the same conversation about beer? That's realm connoisseurs and asshole micro brewers nowadays.

It's easy to find a $65 1/8 oz. around here now. 3.5 grams. Or how about $420 for 28 grams (1 ounce)? That's the other silliness.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Slightly different over here since we don't have a mm policy (yet), but I know what you mean. Even the older generation (+50) I talk to is starting to say that there is no real reason to treat m different than alcohol, and in our conservative society, that means something.

It's easy to find a $65 1/8 oz. around here now. 3.5 grams. Or how about $420 for 28 grams (1 ounce)? That's the other silliness.
Insanity. :D

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It's starting to get so silly. I'm a little surprise I can still find people who don't smoke weed.

Can you imagine having the same conversation about beer? That's realm connoisseurs and asshole micro brewers nowadays.

Crazy...we're still 35-50.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
The problem is the market is young, fresh and hot. And, like anything else yf&h, you're going to pay for the best.

Remember the old days when there was good shit, thai-stick and Mexican dirt weed? And that was pretty much it.

jack

I remember acapulco gold.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
By the time I came up ag had been relegated to rumor. I don't remember the first time I heard the terms sativa and indica, but I'd say less than 10yrs.

jack

I was in college circa 1973. We'd been buying ounces for 10 dollars and this stuff was 40. real yellow with little shiny hairs all over it. I had never seen anything like it before and if I hit more than twice I'd fall asleep. It was truly one hit.

jack

we called indica sinse back then. There was quite a schism when sinse first appeared. There was a class of smokers that insisted it wasn't real pot.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I seem to been inadvertently born in the wrong time. I blame my mother for this snafu. We never did get along so I'm not in the least bit surprised she'd fuck me over like this.