CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
AND A LAB COAT.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Huh

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
It's the nature of the characters I worry about. I was a huge fan of Thor, and had over 250 issues of the comic. I'm just not sure it will look serious on the big screen, regardless of who is directing it.

If it turns out to be as good as Iron Man, then great.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I've never heard of Kenneth Branagh, so his name doesn't make me squee.

CaptainWacky

It could be good.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I've never heard of Kenneth Branagh, so his name doesn't make me squee.

Kenneth Branagh is known for his meticulous Shakespeare. He's good with the epic mythological and high drama style, but he also has a tendency to get very very detailed with his portrayals. In other words, he won't shy away from the "thees and thous" of the Thor storyline, but he might try to shove all of Gagh's 250 comic plots into the movie...

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Is that rubber chain mail he's wearing? Not a good sign...

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Kenneth Branagh is a little banty rooster. I just love him. His work - either writer, producer, actor - is either absolutely fabulous or a real POS.

Example: Much Ado About Nothing, Henry V, Peter's Friends, Professor Gilderoy in the Harry Potter movie, etc. very good. Peter's Friends is still one of my very favorites.
But, what the heck was up with Frankenstein and Hamlet .... just so way incredibly over the top! I remember sitting in the movie theater, cringing, crying inwardly "stop, stop ... quit strutting around and just tell the freaking story!"

CaptainWacky

Is that rubber chain mail he's wearing? Not a good sign...

It's not known if this shot is actually from the movie or just a costume fitting, or if the costume will be enhanced by CGI during the movie. So don't panic over rubber chain mail until we see the actual trailer!

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
But, what the heck was up with Frankenstein and Hamlet .... just so way incredibly over the top! I remember sitting in the movie theater, cringing, crying inwardly "stop, stop ... quit strutting around and just tell the freaking story!"
Absolutely. Something tells me he's going to go completely Baz Luhrmann with the editing and there won't be a single shot in the movie more that 2.5 seconds long.