Torture Awareness Month

Caitriona

Something Wicked
I'm speechless.

Torture Awareness

June 26th is the date that the United Nations has marked as the International Day in Support of Survivors and Victims of Torture. This year a coalition of human rights, civil liberties and faith organizations have declared June “Torture Awareness Month†in an effort to respond to the growing evidence that the United States government is engaging systematically in the use of torture and inhuman treatment as part of the “war on terror.†We believe that the use of torture and inhuman treatment must end immediately and everyone involved in committing these abuses or fostering the environment in which they occurred be held accountable.

This website will provide you with action ideas and tools to help raise awareness in your community about the US government’s use of torture and inhuman treatment. The month of action and education will culminate with special grassroots lobby efforts in Washington DC and around the country where we will urge Congress to pass legislation to stop the use of extraordinary rendition, or “outsourcing torture.â€

We thank you for your interest in participating in Torture Awareness Month. Your help is urgently needed.

OMG! Out Loud, Laughing!

I completely missunderstood the Title!!

My best friend was/is a member of the fetish scene, and she has this special way of being, "Torture? Ooo! (happy! Bouncy!)"
because she thinks of it as foreplay.
Sensual Torture.

Imagine that as a Torture Appreciation Week.

"I have feathers, wax, knives, and Ice.
And I KNOW how to use them."

from the article:

June 26th is the date that the United Nations has marked as the International Day in Support of Survivors and Victims of Torture.

But the United Nations is largely composed of dictators and thugs who prefer torture over all other means of discourse with their citizens.

Apparently the only purpose of the UN is to condemn the United States and Israel for being democracies in the face of the world's majority of blood-soaked dictators and thugs. This is the sort of the minority I prefer to be in, and am glad that my President does not consider the approval of the UN to be in our best interests. Not when the UN is simply the representation of dictators and their ilk, who cares what they censure us over?

Torture Awareness and Dictator Awareness just involve looking at the UN. You will seldom find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

-Ogami

June is Torture Awareness Month in the United States. During the month of June, be aware that the kind old man next door to you may, in fact, have a basement full of jailbait runaways chained up that he's collected over the last three months servicing his every perverted sexual fantasy.

If you see your kind old neighbor digging holes in his backyard at 2am, just remember it's Torture Awareness Month.

Is this it, folks? Have we started running out of things to recognize? Is there not enough bad news on TV, so we now have to start designating months for horrendous yet common acts to serve as a reminder that genetically we're only 2% from some of the most savage simians out there?

How about a few more, just to make it more depressing...

Napalmed Child Week: a week of remembrance for those who've been napalmed in their childhood yet grew to adulthood resembling a melted candle.

National Foot Fungus Day: a friendly reminder to always wear shower shoes in the gym locker room.

Thrown Through A Windshield Day: a day to remember those who didn't buckle up and got to play the human cannonball.

Ha-ha-they-gotcha Day: On this day, if you're driving around and see your neighbor stopped by a cop and playing Amazing Grace on a breathalyzer, be sure to fuck with him about it later.

Gambling Awareness Week: a week to dwell on those who are so addicted to gambling that they place odds on babies in the intensive care section of the hospital nursery.

You forgot the antiValentines day.
and the CU is but an asshole day,

Tea and Cookies Day.

National Contientious Protester Week,
Oxymoron week (only lasts for a day)
Paradox Day (Feb 29th)
Give To Those You Hate The Most day

and.....
The National Halmark-hasn't-thought-of-something Day.

Back