Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tory Government policy influenced by rich, corpulent bastards.

Cruddas sure got stung; screening is everything.

Surprising that England doesn't already have the contribution caps and public disclosure laws for individual donations that Cameron is now advocating. Still, even with those in place, US candidates have gotten around them with PAC expenditures on their behalf and it's hard to track/trace all contributions. "Buying access", same everywhere it seems.

Altruism is one of the few luxuries of being poor.

I have a few proto-theories as to why this is but I'm so damn busy being wealthy I don't have the time or inclination to work it all out.

I do understand the alternative is fairly unpalatable. Taxpayers fund the political parties and we end up paying for them to drink Krug with their banker friends and plan new ways to screw us over for money.

I just think the level of investment should be capped. Then "Premier league" payments will be not allowed and our politicians will not judge policy on the level of donation.