Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TQ, Honest Question...

Friday

Bazinga!
You are obviously a very deep thinker. You cherish facts above all else.

I'm wondering....are you really a Holocaust denier, or is that just a troll?

You will always have my respect, either way. I'm just wondering how someone with so much common sense, and who appears to be very centered, can harbor such wrong opinions about such a controversial topic...

Friday said:
You are obviously a very deep thinker. You cherish facts above all else.

I'm wondering....are you really a Holocaust denier, or is that just a troll?

Both. Although, in the strictest sense, I'm not denying that an actual holocaust is a possible explanation for the stories we've all been raised with -- I am only denying that that is the only possible explanation. It might have happened literally the way we're told (although we'd have to pick which holocaust stories we want to believe) or it might not have.

You will always have my respect, either way. I'm just wondering how someone with so much common sense, and who appears to be very centered, can harbor such wrong opinions about such a controversial topic...

Well, you see the way I approach that topic -- it's the same way I approach every serious topic. You might ask yourself, then: If he's as careful about this as he is about the other thing, and he's at the very least not entirely wrong about the other thing, is he really entirely wrong about this? Similar methodology in reasoning should lead to similar averages in the results, shouldn't it?

The Question said:
Well, you see the way I approach that topic -- it's the same way I approach every serious topic. You might ask yourself, then: If he's as careful about this as he is about the other thing, and he's at the very least not entirely wrong about the other thing, is he really entirely wrong about this? Similar methodology in reasoning should lead to similar averages in the results, shouldn't it?
That sounds an awful lot like circular logic to me, therefore fallible.

Also...kudos for the absolute uproar you caused at WF. You played them like a fiddle... :D

Friday said:
That sounds an awful lot like circular logic to me, therefore fallible.

I don't see how it's circular. All I'm saying is that if I weigh the evidence about one serious subject carefully and in a logically sound way, then reach a conclusion about that evidence that's logically and procedurally valid, it's only reasonable that I would do the same about another serious subject.

Although I play up the holocaust subject as a troll, I do it by raising serious points for which I've reviewed the available evidence (such as it is. The evidence for literal factuality and for urban mythology are more or less equal, frankly) and applied sound logic to that evidence to arrive at what is for most people an extremely distasteful conclusion. I am, in fact, sincere about the conclusion, but I'm also aware that it makes for an unusually potent troll. ;)

Also...kudos for the absolute uproar you caused at WF. You played them like a fiddle... :D

Yes, it was more than slightly amusing. :D

Do your brains threaten to spill out of your vagina when you laugh like that?