Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Movies

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I'm eager to see these:

Iron Man 2 – May 7

Babies – May 7

Letters to Juliet – May 14

Robin Hood – May 14

Shrek Forever After – May 21

Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time – May 28

The A Team – June 11

The Karate Kid – June 11

Avatar: The Last Airbender – July 2

One of my goals is to turn one of the rooms in my house into a home theater. I love movies. Some need to be seen on a really big screen though to get the best visual. For example the scene in Last of the Mohicans where the men escape the cave by jumping through the waterfall. I think Avatar is going to be one of those types of movies too. Would be cool to watch it in 3-D at home also.

Eclipse - June 29th

Predators - July 9th .... he, he, he

Resident Evil: Afterlife - September 10th ... he, he, he

Legend of the Guardians - September 24th

it is going to be a good year for movie going

Didnt know there was even thought of a new resident evil film. Last I heard extinction was going to be the last live action one. Still not complaining

I was surprised to see the trailer show up on Hulu too. It looks like the franchise found some cool, new filming techniques and special effects they needed a vehicle to use on. I'm wondering how they are going to work out the storyline where it left off - all those Alices bubbled up and ready to go.

That was the impression I got too - that the zombies have morphed into something else. That doesn't really surprise me considering how the bad guy morphed at the end of the last movie. The project was for weapons use anyway, as I recall. Should be interesting.

I'm reminded of bits and pieces from a few movies -
like Pyramid Head from Silent Hill
and those vampire eating vampires from Blade II

Here's the things that worry me about Ironman II -

First- Ironman flat out kicked ass. Sometimes that's a hard row to hoe so to speak. Not impossible, but for example - Remember The Hills Have Eyes. Horrific. THHE II. Not so much. Seems like sometime it just works right the first time.

Second - Scarlett Johanson [sp?] I know its not the popular position but I think that girl is completely full of herself and completely full of shit. At least for me that detracts greatly from her pleasant physical accouterments.

Third- Mickey Rourke. I know it's all the rage to revive the old master these day but from a strictly critical point of view, I didn't buy The Wrestler and I'm very worried about IM II. I just don't find him that compelling. Sorry Wild Orchid fans. I loved that one too.

I've never been hot for Micky Rourke. He's smarmy looking to me.

The only thing I know about Iron Man is what I saw in the last movie.

I'm going because I like Robert Downey, Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, I enjoyed the last movie, and the trailers for this sequel are exciting. Those electric whips are definitely attention getting.

I've decided to wait for Babies.

I'm looking forward to Robin Hood and Letters to Juliet this weekend though. I'm especially excited about seeing Vanessa Redgrave and Franco Nero together again.

I don't want to see any of them, ever.

I think its tiem for a 2yr foreign film binge... mayb hollywood mix it up a bit by then

I2 totally sucked.

I guess I should have expected that, but... x2 was better than x1, so they lulled me into a false sense of expectations (which is obviously very easy to do).

I do look foward to Last Air Bender. MNS makes kick-ass movies - I even loved Lady in the Water which critics didn't (for some unknown reasons - perhaps because the character of the critic in the movie was a buffoon, but, I'm reaching - I'm sure professional critics would never let such a thing bias them...
)