Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Flash drive/SD card will not show up in My Computer.

honolulujames

I have a HP Pavilion zv6000 notebook computer running Windows XP home edition. I recently had to repair my Windows installation (using the original Windows XP install CD), and after 'repairing' Windows, I am no longer able to view either a USB flash drive (a SanDisk Cruzer) or a SD card in 'my computer'. I have tried any and all of the common fixes I could find. I have tried reassigning the drive letter for each item (through Administrative Tools). The devices appear in the disk manager, and seem to accept the drive letters I try to assign to them, but the devices still do not appear in 'My Computer'. Additionally, any drive letter I assign does not unassigned itself if I unplug the device -- so I can't assign the same drive letter to the same device if I unplug it and then plug it in again. I can use the command prompt to view (using DIR) and modify the files, as can I do so in the drive manager (using the right-click 'explore' option. Certainly, I can use the disk manager to access and manage these devices, but it seems cumbersome to do so, and I hope for some sort of fix for this problem short of reinstalling Windows XP in its entirety. Thank you all in advance for any help you might be able to throw my way.

Stick your cock in the usb slot during reboot. If there's a tingle, you should be all set.

I think I found the root of your problem:

1254582645297.gif

I have a HP Pavilion zv6000 notebook computer running Windows XP home edition. I recently had to repair my Windows installation (using the original Windows XP install CD), and after 'repairing' Windows, I am no longer able to view either a USB flash drive (a SanDisk Cruzer) or a SD card in 'my computer'. I have tried any and all of the common fixes I could find. I have tried reassigning the drive letter for each item (through Administrative Tools). The devices appear in the disk manager, and seem to accept the drive letters I try to assign to them, but the devices still do not appear in 'My Computer'. Additionally, any drive letter I assign does not unassigned itself if I unplug the device -- so I can't assign the same drive letter to the same device if I unplug it and then plug it in again. I can use the command prompt to view (using DIR) and modify the files, as can I do so in the drive manager (using the right-click 'explore' option. Certainly, I can use the disk manager to access and manage these devices, but it seems cumbersome to do so, and I hope for some sort of fix for this problem short of reinstalling Windows XP in its entirety. Thank you all in advance for any help you might be able to throw my way.

You fucked up the install, you dumb shit. You shall have to do a clean install. Fuck, but Americans piss me off with their stupidity.

You just need to find the drivers for your card reader. It;s no big deal really. go to the HP website and find your model. Then go to the downloads and drivers section. Find the driver for your card reader. It is that simple.