virtual drives

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Ok, I have a couple cd-less games.
I got Virtual clone drive (had magicdisc and a different iso drive)
and it allows me to mount and install the games.
But when I go to play them, (mount the "play" dics/image), the virtual drive does not work then.

What to do....what to do...
What gives?

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
But when I go to play them, (mount the "play" dics/image), the virtual drive does not work then.

What gives?

Buy a fucking game DVD/CD at the fucking store? This ISO crap is bullshit. The industry is doing everything they can to keep that shit from ever working, and they are succeeding. Face it, the industry PWNs your ass.

Anyway, try to give the game full Admin rights if you are using Vista.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Um, I don't have a sister.

But I have a brither.
and he....

OH MY GOD! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Fuck Vista deeply in the virtual neck. We skipped vista in this house and went from XP to 7.

Anyway, is the game trying to access the real drive when you play or is it looking for the virtual one? Check to see what root it's lookin for.

Lilac

Luci ain't got nothin' on me.
If I recall correctly, there are some games that don't like to run if installed on a drive other than C -- and possibly the default 'Program Files' directory.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
If I recall correctly, there are some games that don't like to run if installed on a drive other than C -- and possibly the default 'Program Files' directory.

It gets to the first screen just fine. The one that says "load, New game, options, controls, exit"
But when I choose Play, it asks for the play disc even when the image is mounted.

Weevil

What gives?
Have you tried Daemontools?

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Just tried it, same thing.

Is there a way to re"letter" the drives?

Weevil

Is only the game not seeing the drive and still asking you to insert the CD? Changing the letter probably won't help if that's the case.

Weevil

Then you need a crack for the individual games. I'm assuming a friend of a friend lent them to you and you don't have the CDs... if one were to download them, they could be found on a Crack folder in the ISO. If you are stuck with 100% original copies you might want to Google for cracks. Otherwise, your CD emulation software is functioning just fine.