Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wall Street Journal

lol

I think I may have when I took a business course in college. I do not presently subscribe to any newspapers.

lol

I think I may have when I took a business course in college. I do not presently subscribe to any newspapers.

I don't either. My parents have a Times Union newspaper subscription and I usually just read the comics and do the word jumble and crossword puzzle.

The reason I needed it was for a project. I am finished with that project now. Eggs, do you have a better recomendation for a like publication?

Was the project business/stock market oriented? It's still the paper everyone goes to for that, it just has Murdoch's editorial stink on it a little more than it already did.

Yes. I couldn't access the article on line, I am sure I could have through my school's library but that became annoying very quickly and took up too much time, so I asked here then got in my car and went to the store-3 actually before I found a hard copy. Then I ended up using an article from NPR basically about IMF talks this weekend.

Yeah, WSJ's website was a toll road even before Rupert got his hands on it. I remember needing one article for a presentation for a client, and they wanted to charge me $80 bucks a year for the privilege of scanning it. God knows how much it is now.

Reuters is more business-centric in its reporting than they used to be. I'm no expert on who gives good analysis, I only know as much about economics as I read in my clients' Powerpoint slides. ;)

I am working on a power point presentation right now! Lucky Me! I should have paid more attention in power point class, I couldn't remember how to do everything. It is a good thing I paid attention in Improv Class though!

I think it was only a couple $ a week or something-

Handy tip: While WSJ articles are behind a paywall if you access them from their website, they aren't behind a paywall if you access them from Google.

So, if you wanted to read the "U.S. to Step Up Pressure on China" article on the front page of wsj.com currently, you'd be rebuffed if you clicked on it, but if you just simply search "U.S. to Step Up Pressure on China" in Google and click on that result, the article appears. Magic!