Well, damn

eloisel

Forever Empress E
My daughter moved out about a month ago. I'm not lonely but the house is starting to feel odd. Yes, I know, I've been busy hauling her crap out of the half of my house she had filled floor to ceiling, wall to wall with her and her previous husband's junk. Yes, the animal population has drastically decreased. Yes, I've been super busy with the mega spring cleaning this year to get rid of all the old ex-husband/animals/smokers smells. But, dang, it is so odd feeling in here I'm plotting out a full backyard garden with water features, seating, and koi ponds. Plus, I want to put a gazebo with a firepit and a tipi back there. I'm just going to freshen up the front porch with paint, shades, new wind chimes, bench cushions, potted plants, new plants around the half-tree trunk and bordering the established bushes up against the house. Might have the big tree limbs trimmed and the trees in general inspected to trim limbs dangerously close to breaking. This all sounds terribly domesticated to me. I am an undomesticated person.

Thanks. I'm glad to be getting my house back. It is just a lot of work and while I'm working I'm planning more work for myself. Back when my house was full of other people and their things, I thought that if I had the opportunity I'd move out of my house into a teeny tiny apartment and travel. Now I'm too busy with my life to travel and a teeny tiny house wouldn't be big enough for my stuff.

You didn't ask why I would want a tipi in my backyard. I have a recurring dream about being in one in the winter time - I'm sitting in a sleigh like chair wrapped in furs, the fire going in the pit inside the tent, and I'm watching through the open flap the snow falling outside. It is a good thing I have a big back yard in a mini-forest. Don't know where I'd put a tipi up otherwise.

Thanks. I'm glad to be getting my house back. It is just a lot of work and while I'm working I'm planning more work for myself. Back when my house was full of other people and their things, I thought that if I had the opportunity I'd move out of my house into a teeny tiny apartment and travel. Now I'm too busy with my life to travel and a teeny tiny house wouldn't be big enough for my stuff.

You didn't ask why I would want a tipi in my backyard. I have a recurring dream about being in one in the winter time - I'm sitting in a sleigh like chair wrapped in furs, the fire going in the pit inside the tent, and I'm watching through the open flap the snow falling outside. It is a good thing I have a big back yard in a mini-forest. Don't know where I'd put a tipi up otherwise.

What a great dream.

Back