What happened to TK!?

The Question

Eternal
What happened was, I ate about a pound of string cheese like 3 days ago, and only just now do I find myself having to take a shit.

It's gonna be a MONSTER of a shit, too. There's liable to be a shockwave.

MODMAN

Troll Kingdom was founded by disgruntled TrekBBSers who had either been permabanned or had had enough of the perceived censorship of fringe individuals / behaviors.

In the halcyon days, it was fairly active with some regular TrekBBSers - including some mods - crossing the line and participating.

Troll Kingdom peaked around the mid 2000s. As the wild west days of TrekBBS waned, interest in TK started to dry up. Other boards popped up in this tumultuous period, with WordForge being the most prominent (populated by similarly disgruntled TrekBBSers, irked by over modding).

The key difference between WF and TK is that WF branded itself on more than "fuck other boards" and is still fairly active. TK, on the other hand, continued to decline, with the majority of "talent" moving on to greener pastures. Eventually, TK was held up by only a handful of faithful (as far as any meaningful content goes). Unfortunately, the rest devolved to pure spam and empty attention whoring to the scant few remaining.

True TK / Pure TK was as a supporting character in the TrekBBS soap operas of the early-mid 2000s. Those days are a lifetime ago.

It is fascinating that it still exists, as anyone who contributes meaningfully undoubtedly has other outlets in which to do so. Sentiment would seem to be the obvious answer.

For additional insights into the early days, see here

Last edited:

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Don't forget to mention TK's role in humiliating StarDestroyer.Net. Then again, TrekBBS and SDN were both spin-offs of the same Usenet group, so I guess that counts as a TrekBBS soap opera...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Troll Kingdom was founded by disgruntled TrekBBSers who had either been permabanned or had had enough of the perceived censorship of fringe individuals / behaviors.

In the halcyon days, it was fairly active with some regular TrekBBSers - including some mods - crossing the line and participating.

Troll Kingdom peaked around the mid 2000s. As the wild west days of TrekBBS waned, interest in TK started to dry up. Other boards popped up in this tumultuous period, with WordForge being the most prominent (populated by similarly disgruntled TrekBBSers, irked by over modding).

The key difference between WF and TK is that WF branded itself on more than "fuck other boards" and is still fairly active. TK, on the other hand, continued to decline, with the majority of "talent" moving on to greener pastures. Eventually, TK was held up by only a handful of faithful (as far as any meaningful content goes). Unfortunately, the rest devolved to pure spam and empty attention whoring to the scant few remaining.

True TK / Pure TK was as a supporting character in the TrekBBS soap operas of the early-mid 2000s. Those days are a lifetime ago.

It is fascinating that it still exists, as anyone who contributes meaningfully undoubtedly has other outlets in which to do so. Sentiment would seem to be the obvious answer.

For additional insights into the early days, see here

I use TK Media Center as a scratchpad for the music project I'm working on. The link mechanisms make it easy to keep store and catalog an awesome library of videos. Same with "Badlands Pic Of The Day". I thank Menty for that.

I alos enjoy the movie/tv tips I get in the Mine Field. Those guys know their popular culture.

As far as the rest, I don't know much about "sentiment" I just enjoy hanging with Castle and Lox and Char not to mention trolling the shit out of Blackfoot Sybil.

I have all my stuff archived on my home server, so if Menty pulls the plug I will be sad but you know....life goes on. I have a nice space at a couple of other boards, and there's always the 5k friends in FB and my biz page and website (not to mention Diggy and GOT) so if it goes it goes.

But it was a great run ;)

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
I just enjoy hanging with Castle and Lox and Char not to mention trolling the shit out of Blackfoot Sybil.

Awww, yer gonna make me all feelsy. Funning aside, it's good for people to have somebody to butt heads with. If nobody offers a contrary viewpoint, the place would be "comfortable" -- but it would also be fucking boring.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Well I hope Mentalist don't go nuts and shit can Trollkingdom. We've been doing this for almost 20 years Venooker. It will be fucked up we lost contact with each other even though I hate you not only through many message board, but in RL. I'm willing to offer Mentalist top dollar for Trollkingdom.

jack

I actually hope he shuts it down if it doesn't involve getting rid of you, Sybil.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Whatever! I honestly wanna meet you and SRB in RL before y'all take a permanent dirt NAP <see what I done there. Its only fair since we've been rag tagging each other since 2003. I hope Mentalist gives us time to form another message board before he bails on us. I still have THE KINGDOM OF BLACKFOOT as a temp site until we find something better.

:bigass:

jack

Whatever happens if you're still part of it here, I'll be leaving. I have accounts elsewhere and am hoping Menty figures it out.

Either way, we are going to lose contact for good, very shortly.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
So if TrollKingom was to end our relationship is over? Over, over? Really over? Do me a favor Venooker. Have the active members take me offa ignore before Mentalist pull the plug. Bring Conchaga, Pickle, Dirk, Sarek, Neil, Donavan, Hunter, Ed and Cory among others back for old time sake.Its only fair that you and I go out with a BANG!.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Whatever happens if you're still part of it here, I'll be leaving. I have accounts elsewhere and am hoping Menty figures it out.

Either way, we are going to lose contact for good, very shortly.

So that is why you're bumping my old threads? Leaving TK and making me famous as you move along to greener pastors. Nice move Venooker! Its a move you and I'll regret, but do what you have too. I'm going to miss you when TK is done.

So if TrollKingom was to end our relationship is over? Over, over? Really over? Do me a favor Venooker. Have the active members take me offa ignore before Mentalist pull the plug. Bring Conchaga, Pickle, Dirk, Sarek, Neil, Donavan, Hunter, Ed and Cory among others back for old time sake.Its only fair that you and I go out with a BANG!.

You forgot me.

MODMAN

If this is to be Troll Kingdom's end, then let it be an end worthy of remembrance and song!

Come forth, trolls of old. If trolling ever meant a damn to you, COME FORTH! Let us launch one final, blazing assault on all who dared put a permaban to our names! A thousand thousand email address shall be created; usernames uncounted shall be registered. We shall throw ourselves against the bulletin boards in an unending wave of trolling WORTHY of these hallowed halls!

TO WAAAAAR!

jack

So that is why you're bumping my old threads? Leaving TK and making me famous as you move along to greener pastors. Nice move Venooker! Its a move you and I'll regret, but do what you have too. I'm going to miss you when TK is done.

No you dumb bastard, I bump the threads you view incessantly. Not the ones to pad your view count. Who looks at obscure threads about you every day?

Why, you do of course. ;)

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Poor dumb black bastard, seems like you get ignored and deleted (in addition to hated) everywhere you post. The people that know you IRL say the same thing. You lie all the time and can't be trusted when you're around them. Maybe after 20 years of this you should start to get a clue. Maybe you will. I don't care whether you do or not any more. We're done.

Damn Venokker, you suck at I and you being DONE. Did you forget fuckely. I'm here to make your life pitiable by your former mods DevilMan and Eel O'Brian at the kingdom.