Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was the best Batman?

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Who was the best Batman?

We're looking at movies.

Adam West
Michael Keaton
Val Kilmer
George Clooney
Christian Bale

VOTE.

This is a tough one, because none of them stand out for me as a great Batman.

Christian Bale comes closest, but I'm getting really tired of that gravelly voice.

For me this is a toughy. Val Kilmer & George Clooney are out of the reckoning. Bale is great but the voice is a tough thing to get past. Keaton wouldn't have been able to play him without the muscle suit, but his face was perfect under that cowl. Adam West was great for the time, but in today's 'dark' Batman style, not suitable.

I guess if I had to choose one, I'll go with Keaton, as much as I enjoy Bale as a screen presence, Keaton was the Batman of my youth.

For me this is a toughy. Val Kilmer & George Clooney are out of the reckoning. Bale is great but the voice is a tough thing to get past. Keaton wouldn't have been able to play him without the muscle suit, but his face was perfect under that cowl. Adam West was great for the time, but in today's 'dark' Batman style, not suitable.

I guess if I had to choose one, I'll go with Keaton, as much as I enjoy Bale as a screen presence, Keaton was the Batman of my youth.

I may have to pop in Batman/Batman Returns now. I don't think I've watched them on my upscaling DVD and LCD TV yet. ;)

I've just watched Batman on BluRay. Man that movie looks good 21 years down the line on HD. I'm watching Batman & Robin as I type for shits & giggles. (it really does fucking suck, lol)

Bale, hands down. Kilmer and Clooney were just bad, Keaton was ok, but just so no Batman, and Adam West... what can I say, never watched him :aredface:

Luckily, Bale's voice is no concern of mine, bless the person who invented dubbing, lol!

hmm, let me check something...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgbUXK-HI_E&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgbUXK-HI_E&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

yup, should work.

I'm going against the grain here, but it needs to be said: Had Clooney not emerged at the absolute nadir of the entire franchise --the entire history of the character, even-- and had one of the shittiest directors on earth and everything else stacked against him, he might have made a not only a great Bruce Wayne/Batman, but the best.