Who will light the Olympic flame?

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Keith Harris and Orville would be my most desperate wish.

I would accept Roger Moore and Barbara Windsor as a stand in.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Danny Boyle has reanimated the corpse of Winston Churchill to light the flame and then do a little dance as 10,000 people say "OH YESS".

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dont know if its happened yet, I have tuned in, but it seems to be some sort of acid trip.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I have just read that it is three hours long. I once had an operation on my eye where the anaesthetic was applied via a large needle through my eyelid and just barely touching the top of my eyeball.

That was less than three hours long.

Just saying.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They haven't even started showing the opening ceremonies over here :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
IT WAS...seven young athletes.

Really.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I thought it was a really good choice. It could've been Sir Steve Redgrave or Sir Chris Hoy, or Dame Kelly Holmes (did you notice the announcers didn't refer to anyone as Sir or Dame?), and it would've been fine, but it would have been predictable.

Since "inspire a generation" is the motto of these games and there's been so much emphasis on leaving a legacy, it made perfect sense to have some unsung athletes from the next generation light the flame.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
6057.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yes I'm not BEING AN OLYMPIC SPOILSPORT again it's just that they kept saying all night "we don't know who's lighting the torch!" like it was going to be some huge surprise like Sean Connery at the end of Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves or something I'm not saying the seven young athletes weren't a good choice.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
They will all end up taking heroin because of Danny Boyle and he will then make more money out of them by making a film called flamedog scumbags. CHOOSE LIFE YOU SPORTY BASTARDS.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
HOW MANY UNDERAGE CHAI HAULERS WERE ABUSED SO YOU COULD GET THOSE CEREMONIES UNDERWAY EH DANNY BOY?