Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can't they just let it die? New Trek Movie

Bringing TK back to it's geek roots.

Link here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12425212/

No word in the article which show it will be a take-off on, although supposedly neither Shatner or Nemoy have been approached about casting (and they've got a director, so I assume Nemoy won't be asked to direct).

Yet another example of how Hollywood is so risk-adverse that they'll dig up a dead show that has been done to death (and then some...kind of like St. Lucy dating Jillian and spawning Lord Raffles and Ironclad). I am so glad I don't write movie scripts, any new or risky idea never gets funded, while they hire "names" and go with a "recognized" franchise no matter how poor the idea or preminse.

Engineering is bullshit at times, but it's got to be better than the entertainment industry (Strip clubs excluded, of course).
-SB

It should be like Look Who's Talking, with all of the original main characters as babies together on a starship..... but being taken care of by a hot young actor who plays Spock

edit* that way they can get the original cast to voice the babies, and just use stock audio for Baby McCoy and Baby Scotty.

:baby Scotty in diapers: Im givin ya all she's got, she can't give no more
:Nurse: Look all I want is for the little engineer to poop
:McCoy: dammit Jim I'm a baby not a miracle worker
:Spock: That is illogical
:Kirk:
I

have

to

poop

:roll:

Did they learn nothing from Enterprise or the Starwars prequels?
Prequels almost always end up being a disappointment, at best.

Oh.. this seems to be the american trend nowadays. Heres a few more re-makes you might want to add:

War of the Worlds
Dukes of Hazzard
The longest Yard
King Kong
Shaft

just to name a few

and now I hear that they are about to re-do "The Poseiden Adventure" and "Titanic"

No one is coming up with anything new :(

^Titanic?

Oh, for the love of Zeus....

I've heard the rumor that "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid" may be remade, with Ben and Matt.