Why do I always get a headache when I'm captioning sports?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I love sports, so I don't know why I end up getting a headache. Maybe it's because it's faster and I'm concentrating more.

WOOT MARCH MADNESS AND IT LOOKS LIKE SO FAR, MY BRACKET IS OKAY BUT MEMPHIS BETTER PULL THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR ASSESS BECAUSE CAL STATE NORTH RIDGE HAS COME TO PLAY!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Huh. When I lived in the Valley, I was thinking about going to CSNU for an MBA.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Pix of Billie's Bare Bum, please!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Sports suck.

CaptainWacky

You probably think things you dont like suck.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I do, yeah. Art is always subjective after all.

I think American Football is pure suckitude. But millions of Americans would disagree with me. (but it is)

Just like a lot of "sterotypical" sports fans would tell us that being science fiction fans means WE suck.

CaptainWacky

I was just angry that they were giving Tisi a sore head. Maybe a SENSUAL MASSAGE would help (who's going to give me one?)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Basketball sucks.

Let me know if you're covering a World Baseball Classic game. Then you can insert subliminal messages that will make David Wright my buttboy.

Tisiphone

^LoL...No, luckily I didn't have to do any of that horrific stuff.

What gives me the headaches the most is golf. Longest three hours of my life (sometimes longer if it's sudden death). The announcers, like Ian Eagle, try to be funny, and sometimes they are.

I've got the Syracuse/Stephen F. Austin game at 12:15 today, so I'll send out some TK shouts if I know someone is watching.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I enjoy watching golf. It's very relaxing. Sitting in my recliner with a beer watching the golf on a sunny sunday afternoon is great.

I'll make a great pensioner if I ever get there.

Tisiphone

^I see the appeal in golf, but I guess it's different when I'm being "forced" to watch it and there's nothing really exciting going on. Now, if I'm watching it at home for thirty minutes or so, I'm fine. It's that whole work thing that gets in the way.

My love of the NBA was dampened by all the NBA TV I used to do. Even a sports junkie can get burned out.

Tisiphone

I prefer putt putt.

Tisiphone

The FCC requires we caption all shows, so if there was a putt-putt tourney on TV, it would get captioned. We've even done the Playboy Channel.

CaptainWacky

If I was deaf I woulnd't watch putt putt. I'd annoy people be asking them questions then shouting "WHAT?" when they answer.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The FCC requires we caption all shows, so if there was a putt-putt tourney on TV, it would get captioned. We've even done the Playboy Channel.
I would love to see one of those transcripts...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't hate sports, but I don't like to watch them on TV either. I'd much rather go to a game and drink some beer, than sit in front of the TV watching, when I could be spamming.