Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women in Politics

Lord Raffles

I detest women who dabble in politics. And if their dabbling extends to military matters, it becomes utterly unendurable. Once as I strolled through the campus of Oxford I came across a feminist distributing propaganda. She believed in the absurd theory that more women should be represented in Government. I told her calmly that 90 per cent of the matters dealt with by government were masculine affairs, on which women could not have opinions of any value. She rebelled against this point of view, but I shut her mouth by saying: “You will not claim to know men as I know womenâ€.

With that the feminist was silenced.

A man who shouts is not a handsome sight. But if it’s a woman, it’s terribly shocking. The more she uses her lungs, the more strident her voice becomes. There she is, ready to pull her hair out, with all her claws showing. In short, gallantry forbids one to give women an opportunity of putting themselves in situations that do not suit them. Everything that entails combat is exclusively men’s business. There are so many other fields in which one must rely upon women.

Organising a house, for example.

What's wrong with women who can organize an economy?

Has Angela Merkel been that disasterous a choice for Germany, or are you arguing against the entire idea of a woman behind such macromanagement?

I don't mind women in politics. It's when they get fanatical and unhinged like Hillary that bothers me.

Sarek said:
I think he's just trying to be an idiot.

No, actually, I'm certain about it.

Since you're unable to gurantee a response that dignifies the discussion, we'll declare myself the victor of common sense again.

How do you become a "victor of common sense"? Just curious. I mean, did you defeat common sense in a foot-race or something? Pugilism, perhaps?