WOW folks , a place EVEN GEEKIER than TrekBBS!

Aquehonga

Un Banned
THIS forum beats TrekBBS in the dork department BIG TIME:

And YES , spacebattles is YET another board from which Dayton3 has been PERMABANNED!

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer
3,000 members online? WTF.
Trekbbs has 46.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Spacebattles... had the nickname "The Kiddy Pool" back in the 1990's and early 2000's among members of Old ASVS - that is, the Usenet group alt.startrek.vs.starwars. Here's what the late Sir Nitram had to say about it:

"You really want me to do that? Okay. Here we go, don't say you didn't ask for it.

ASVS has a bunch of maniacal crack smoking donkey fuckers who are quite willing to tell each other just what part of the evolutionary tree they fell out of, and how many ugly sticks hit them after impact.
The debates are based purely off science, and the denizens mercilessly beat those who are trolls. If you are stupid, you will be weeded out, through flaming to a cinder or KFing.

SB has a bunch of maniacal crack smoking donkey fuckers who cry to moderators if someone says a bad word, or if they just can't come up with a good counter-argument. The debates are based off bias and who shouts the loudest without being banned, and the mods suppress anyone who seems to be making waves. If you are stupid, apparently, you are considered a master debater."

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Yeesh. Good call on the name change. I'm sure that domain name would have been on an FBI watchlist.

Now that sounds familiar. Like a deep memory.

Nah, it was always Spacebattles.com. "The Kiddy Pool" was just the nickname ASVSers gave it, due to the immaturity of Spacebattles' members.

As for ASVS... alt.startrek.vs.starwars was the Usenet group from which TrekBBS (and by extension, all its spin-off boards), StarDestroyer.Net, and numerous other websites all sprung from.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom