You gonna get another jab?

Mirah

I love you
Why are you attacking the source instead of addressing the content? If he put up a clip claiming that 1 + 1 = 2, would you be on here claiming, "No! 1 + 1 = TUESDAY, now! GrrrRRRRAAUUURRRRGGHHH!!!" ?

I'll address the content.
If you believe it is over. Great. Go on ahead to any hospital sans mask and just hang out. I don't care.

USUC

Trollzilla
So, the usual lies they always say about anyone who isn't far left?
Wut?!? I equally dismiss opinions from extremists on either side.
Citing a source means you weed out those with obvious (or not so obvious) bias and instead focus on facts that can be proven.
I can’t believe how obtuse and blind and really fucking stupid some people can be trying to support some position they’ve taken. Covid isn’t a left or right issue. Actually I mostly agree with the centrists from both parties. You fringe fuckers are the nuts.

The Question

Eternal
Citing a source means you weed out those with obvious (or not so obvious) bias and instead focus on facts that can be proven.
That's... I don't know, maybe English isn't your first language, but that's not what it means to cite a source. Based on the context you're using it in, you might be referring to the act of vetting a source, but 'cite' and 'vet' are different words with different meanings.

And part of vetting a source is actively examining the claims that source presents, not just saying, "Oh, it's Paul Joseph Watson, blyehhhhh!" and on that basis refusing to vet the source. That's actually the opposite of performing due diligence when it comes to information. You still have to actually examine the information being presented. That's how that works.

What you are engaging in is akin to "brand loyalty":

"CNN = valid!"
"Anybody else = NOT valid!"

Brand loyalty is fine if you're, say, shopping for a washing machine. But it's a fucking lazy and retarded approach to the pursuit of truth.

Last edited:

USUC

Trollzilla
That's... I don't know, maybe English isn't your first language, but that's not what it means to cite a source. Based on the context you're using it in, you might be referring to the act of vetting a source, but 'cite' and 'vet' are different words with different meanings.

And part of vetting a source is actively examining the claims that source presents, not just saying, "Oh, it's Paul Joseph Watson, blyehhhhh!" and on that basis refusing to vet the source. That's actually the opposite of performing due diligence when it comes to information. You still have to actually examine the information being presented. That's how that works.

What you are engaging in is akin to "brand loyalty":

"CNN = valid!"
"Anybody else = NOT valid!"

Brand loyalty is fine if you're, say, shopping for a washing machine. But it's a fucking lazy and retarded approach to the pursuit of truth.
If you’re citing sources for a thesis I think you’d fail out of the gate if every source you cited was clearly biased or unsupported by facts. Call it what you will, “citing, vetting or referencing” but sources DO matter. And you routinely post unsubstantiated bull shit.
I’m not going to watch the stupid YouTube video again so I can give you a list of all the inaccurate dribble that spilled from that guy’s mouth hole but there was plenty. Just more of the same “vaccines don’t work, masks are stupid, big Pharma is out to get you, the government is cuming, the virus is fake….”. Blah, blah. So tired of you nut fucks. All of you should just STFU or die already. Out of the hospitals if you have any decency left.
Sincerely,
Answer

The Question

Eternal
Call it what you will, “citing, vetting or referencing”...
Okay, if you don't know that those words have different meanings, let alone what the different meanings of those words are, the better part of saving some face would be for you to gracefully bow out of this discussion right now. Using words you don't even understand the meaning of is some CeeJay level stupid, and if you're really in that far over your head, you're absolutely not going to accomplish anything by participating beyond this point.

Just to give you a basic pointer or three:

Citing a source is where you include a reference to a source of information you use in the body of a nonfiction text, and it looks like this. (Staff, EasyBib. “How to Cite a Website in APA | Easybib Citations.” EasyBib, Chegg, 1 Jan. 2022, https://www.easybib.com/guides/citation-guides/apa-format/how-to-cite-a-website-apa/.)

Vetting a source is different; it's something journalists (are supposed to, but these days routinely fail to) do. It means to verify the bona fides (that's credentials; sorry, forgot for a moment that you're not nearly as well educated as you pretend to be). For example, if your source of information for a story claims to be an expert on the topic, vetting the source means independently verifying that your source is, in fact, an expert on the topic in which they claim expertise.

We don't need to vet Paul Joseph Watson as a source, because he's offering a layman's opinion, not an expert opinion. He's not claiming to be an expert. So there's no way -- and no need -- to verify expertise he does not claim to possess.

So far, all you've demonstrated in this thread is that you are a pretentious dimwit; the pretense being, specifically, that you're better educated and/or more intelligent than you obviously genuinely are. You've been portraying yourself, in this thread, as some at least competent if not towering intellect; I don't even slightly hate to tell you this, but from the totality of what you've divulged and what you've displayed, I get the strong impression that, rather than a competent mind, you're really just some hedge fund manager's airheaded trophy wife.

Get back to me after you've done your homework. Or don't get back to me at all. I am not particular as to which of those options you choose.

Last edited:

USUC

Trollzilla
I spent many years as the Director of HR and a partner in a firm that was ultimately purchased by Microsoft. I interviewed probably a thousand plus people during that time and made hiring decisions company wide. I can’t tell you how many highly educated, ridiculously initialed people I interviewed who had all kinds of book smarts but absolutely no business sense much less common sense or people skills. Pass!!
Go ahead and tout your mad book skillz and what you perceive as your giant intellect. It means nothing if you lack common sense which clearly you do.

The Question

Eternal
I spent many years as the Director of HR and a partner in a firm that was ultimately purchased by Microsoft. I interviewed probably a thousand plus people during that time and made hiring decisions company wide. I can’t tell you how many highly educated, ridiculously initialed people I interviewed who had all kinds of book smarts but absolutely no business sense much less common sense or people skills.
So you were basically a glorified secretary. You were in charge of hiring -- because signing people on who had more useful skill sets and knowledge bases than your own was all the responsibility you could be trusted with.
Go ahead and tout your mad book skillz and what you perceive as your giant intellect.
If you think a solid grasp on basic vocabulary is, "mad book skillz", then you're only reinforcing my point: You are a pretentious halfwit.

USUC

Trollzilla
So you were basically a glorified secretary. You were in charge of hiring -- because signing people on who had more useful skill sets and knowledge bases than your own was all the responsibility you could be trusted with.

If you think a solid grasp on basic vocabulary is, "mad book skillz", then you're only reinforcing my point: You are a pretentious halfwit.
I was wrong. Not only do you not have any common sense or business savvy, you don’t even have decent reading comprehension skills.
In the business world, someone who attains the title of Director of Human Resources typically runs all aspects of hiring, retention, personnel management and legal compliance. Add the title of “Partner” to that and said person has then been compensated not only with a spiffy title but they also share in company earnings. The only time I held the title of “secretary” was on the board of directors for an unrelated corporation.
I didn’t realize you had no understanding of the business world.
You drive your trailer around scooping dog shit for a living or what?
Please enlighten me as to how you’ve translated your amazing grasp of vocabulary into tangible success. I’m guessing you can’t. You’re just an angry, trashy redneck hiding behind words on the internet.

The Question

Eternal
In the business world, someone who attains the title of Director of Human Resources typically runs all aspects of hiring, retention, personnel management and legal compliance. Add the title of “Partner” to that and said person has then been compensated not only with a spiffy title but they also share in company earnings. The only time I held the title of “secretary” was on the board of directors for an unrelated corporation.
Speaking of reading comprehension. Yes, you were a glorified secretary. You hired people more talented than yourself to do the work that actually mattered. And oooh, you were a "partner." In your case, I suspect that had a lot to do with enhancing the comfort and entertainment value of the founding partner's couch.

Like I said: you're somebody's airheaded trophy. No "mad book skillz", but you certainly didn't lack for the basic, dumb animal cunning required to make the most of a pair of tits and your various orifices. So you've got that going for you. Or did. You wouldn't be trying to sound important in an online medium that's a decade past its expiration date unless your life beyond the keyboard was dull as hell.
You’re just an angry, trashy redneck hiding behind words on the internet.
That's quite the non sequitur. See, I base my estimation of you on what you've told us here. Where do you get "angry, trashy redneck" from? What makes you think I'm not from Boston (pronounced, "Bwoosten")? Or Los Angeles (pronounced, "Lohs Angle-eez")? Maybe I'm a Brit -- a veddy veddy proppah uppah crusteh type. You've got nothing to go on when it comes to making an accurate guess. You're basically just flailing in the dark, and with an intellect like yours, you're doing it with the equivalent of a soggy spaghetti noodle. Pretty damned funny, that.

USUC

Trollzilla
Ha ha! I asked you to enlighten me about your tangible success and you just ducked and dodged as opposed to providing even a hint of any real life accomplishments. Ergo, I get to guess. Shame you have none to speak of.
You did reveal that you’re not just an ignorant redneck but you’re a sexist Neanderthal too. You should take the fact that you were likely the result of some family on family fucking in the poop scooping business to therapy bud. The notion that women, of course, sleep their way to the top is disgusting these days.
I’m REALLY trying to understand that business escapes you… *patience*
When hiring I was DEFINITELY looking for people who were more talented than myself at computer programming (for example). Or in finance/accounting. I knew just enough about the technical skills required for those positions to examine applicant qualifications. Then I had to evaluate everything else that ensures a good employee/employer relationship. I was exceptionally good at my job.
I am important, shit bag. I’m not “trying” to make myself sound like anything and if you think I actually care about how I’m perceived on decades old forums, you’ve completely misunderstood the purpose of the dumb things from the start.
I’m here for shits and giggles, stoopid.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
62480307.jpg

The Question

Eternal
Ha ha! I asked you to enlighten me about your tangible success and you just ducked and dodged as opposed to providing even a hint of any real life accomplishments.
Remember what I said about how smart an idea it is to provide personal information online?
Ergo, I get to guess. Shame you have none to speak of.
And that's what you get for guessing.
You did reveal that you’re not just an ignorant redneck but you’re a sexist Neanderthal too.
More flailing in the dark with that wet noodle. Fun.
The notion that women, of course, sleep their way to the top is disgusting these days.
Hardly. In fact, I'm proud of you. You obviously didn't get there on brains, but you still got there. Well done.
I am important, shit bag.
Correction: You're a self-important shitbag.

USUC

Trollzilla
Try to reframe it however you want but you’re still a loser, sexist, redneck pig from the shallow end of the gene pool.

The Question

Eternal
If you came to Troll Kingdom lookin' for a nice guy, well...

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon