You gonna get another jab?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
But at least they didn't die of COVID, amirite?
No, RSV is what most of the kids are getting sick/dying from it seems. from wearing masks and avoiding natural immunity to begin with. The way I've viewed it is, it figures that something like this would happen. Kids weren't getting covid in the beginning, it was mostly older adults iirc. The hygiene theater was all about "protecting the kids"

As usual, we have no idea what the fuck we're doing.

The Question

Eternal
Well, some people *cough*like me*cough* predicted it... :who?me?:

The Question

Eternal
Hey, remember when I surmised... ohhhh, it was probably at least six months ago, but it was in this thread... that the Kung Flu, aka the Yella Plague, aka An Order Of Lung Pow Sicken...

...was an iteration of a Chink bioweapons program that leaked?

jack

Yes, that's been suggested with nothing to back it up since Trump told y'all to "shine a light up your ass".

How'd that go?

The Question

Eternal
with nothing to back it up

That's pretty hefty, for 'nothing'.

Maybe what was backing it up was sound logic and pattern recognition. Y'know... knowing who you're dealing with, and what their history is.

That's a big fucking mountain of 'nothing', ain't it?

jack

Maybe what was actually backing it up was nothing but bullshit? May have been? Might have been? Even my sentient talking third nipple is telling me it stinks.

You can postualte all you like, there's still no "proof."

That's Rand Paul level bullshit right there.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
ENOUGH OF THESE CONSPIRACY THEORIES! Next you're going to try to tell me the Biden Administration was telling social media companies who to censor.

The Question

Eternal
You can postualte all you like, there's still no "proof."
Or, let's say, nothing in the mountain of evidence which you would accept as proof. ;)

jack

jack

ENOUGH OF THESE CONSPIRACY THEORIES! Next you're going to try to tell me the Biden Administration was telling social media companies who to censor.

I don't give a shit about Biden. He's just a placeholder til this country tries to get its shit together.

The Question

Eternal
Obfuscation. Every now and then you like to break out that rusty old thing and see if it works.

It never works. lol

The Question

Eternal
*shakes fist* DAMN YOU... *rolls dice* COLD WEATHER THAT JUST THIS YEAR HAS RETROACTIVELY ALWAYS DONE THIS!
1606d26cc13425bb.jpeg

jack

I don't k now why you're getting so upset. You said it was just like a mild cold. No big deal ;)

The Question

Eternal
I never said the clot shot was 'just like a mild cold'. Turns out that what we "conspiracy theorists" suspected was true all along: the "cure" is deadlier than the disease.
280f04ccd14cf704.jpeg

jack

You're entitled to your opinion. Meanwhile:

In what's become a familiar pattern since Covid vaccines became available about two years ago, several influential accounts used the event to spread anti-vaccination content.

They included the Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, who tweeted: "Before the covid vaccines we didn't see athletes dropping dead on the playing field like we do now... Time to investigate the covid vaccines."

That tweet was viewed around a million times within a day. But the idea that young, healthy athletes have never collapsed suddenly before Covid vaccines is easily disproven.

A US study looking at athletes over four years found many unexplained deaths were in fact caused by cardiac arrest - a cause more common in male and African-American players.

A study from 2016 notes that there are approximately 100 to 150 sudden cardiac deaths during competitive sports in the United States each year.

While rare and potentially dangerous cases of heart inflammation have been associated with some Covid vaccines, these real cases have been muddled together with unrelated illnesses and misinterpreted, sometimes cherry-picked data.

Combined with a wave of anti-vaccine activity online throughout the pandemic, it's given birth to a group of activists who ascribe nearly any tragic or unexplained death to vaccines.

The loudest voices in the anti-vaccination lobby have followed this pattern throughout the pandemic, even though heart problems are a symptom of Covid itself.

jack

Hamlin, a defensive back for the Buffalo Bills, suffered a cardiac arrest during Monday night's high-profile matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals.

On Wednesday he remained in hospital, but an uncle said he was showing signs of improving. There's been no further information about any underlying causes which could have contributed to his cardiac arrest.

Research by the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), a non-profit campaign group based in London and Washington, found that mentions of an anti-vaccine film quadrupled after the player's collapse.

CCDH chief executive Imran Ahmed said activists were "cynically exploiting tragedy to baselessly connect any injury or death of a notable person to vaccinations".

The day after the match the documentary Died Suddenly, which was released in November last year, was mentioned nearly 17,000 times, the CCDH says. The BBC previously looked into the claims in the film and found little or no evidence behind many of them.

Caroline Orr Bueno, a researcher on misinformation who's spent a decade looking at the anti-vaccination movement, says the film gave rise to communities of people across several social media platforms primed to hunt for news events to back up their views.

"They believe the anti-vaccine rhetoric that they are seeing," she says, "and they are joining in out of genuine concern without necessarily knowing that they're being misled."

jack

One of the first clear examples of anti-vaccination activists taking advantage of a high-profile news event was the televised collapse of Danish football star Christian Eriksen during the European football championships in June 2021.

Influential accounts immediately began blaming Covid vaccines.

Only after the initial wave of speculation and misinformation was it revealed by the director of Eriksen's club at the time, Inter Milan, that the midfielder had not received a Covid-19 vaccine prior to his collapse.