jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
273217624_1273036226440403_378156872065634161_n.jpg

jack

273033109_127407563131652_4095955669304004924_n.jpg

USUC

Trollzilla
I’m about 1/3rd of the way through the book “The Premonition”. It’s good. Based on the book jacket and reviews it’s ultimately going to turn into a bashing on the Trump administration pandemic response (agree or disagree) but from what I’ve read thus far…it’s a not surprising look at how fucked up the government is/was in all respects.From a pandemic planning/preparedness perspective across several administrations.
Reenforces why I’ve always hated working on committees or in teams. I couldn’t work for the government; I’d go postal.

The Question

Eternal
"The lab leak hypothesis is just a conspiracy theory!"

Then, Pfizer CEO: "We've been working on an Omicron vaccine based on an identical virus we constructed in our labs..."

Um... :hmmm:

The Question

Eternal
Pfizer and the FDA didn't want anyone to see this for 75 years.

4e5d81f65eccd773.jpg
8d8b031d3cdcfdfe.jpg

jack

Ugh. I went to south Carolina for a holiday this past week and they lifted the mandate for air travel while we were down there.

No one wears masks in Greenville and my wife caught a cold and gave it to me. I didnt bother to test for covid because no fever or loss of senses. Just a runny nose, drip and cough.

I haven't been sick in years, now i'm sucking down advil and dayquil and using all my tinctures.

jack

Now I'm considering the 4th shot. Maybe this fall. Have no interest in another month of side effects.

The Question

Eternal
Sloppy wording at the end; they haven't spent 75 years hiding this -- rather, they attempted to put this information into a concealed state for the next 75 years.

279622060_10159274132812862_6224096031966889886_n.jpg

jack

Another popular claim alleges that the new documents prove that the vaccine is only 12% effective at protecting from COVID-19, not the 95% that Pfizer initially reported (examples here and here). None of those making the claim, however, link to any actual documentation. The original allegation can be traced to a Substack user known as Sonia Elijah. And despite tweets presenting the alleged finding as new, the Substack article itself was published on April 3rd, weeks before these documents were shared.

The vast majority of the documents released so far have generally not been relevant to the conversation around the safety and effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine. The truth is that many of the claims under the #pfizerdocuments trend have already been debunked, despite the emphasis by conspiracy theorists that these issues have suddenly come to light by the release of these documents. You can read more about these debunked conspiracies when it comes to the COVID-19 vaccines here, here and here.

https://www.newswise.com/factcheck/...covid-19-vaccine-is-unsafe/?article_id=770451

This one is better...at least it was published in JAMA and peer reviewed first: https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

The study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine,1 found that vaccine efficacy between the first and second doses was 52% (95% credible interval 29.5% to 68.4%), with 39 cases of covid-19 in the vaccine group and 82 cases in the placebo group.

Seven or more days after the second dose, vaccine efficacy then rose to 95% (90.3% to 97.6%), with eight covid-19 cases reported in the vaccine group and 162 cases in the placebo group.

The vaccine has so far been approved in Canada and in the UK, where it is already being rolled out to people over 80 and healthcare workers. In the US the Food and Drug Administration’s independent panel has voted in favour of emergency use authorisation for the vaccine, and the agency is expected to approve it within days.2

Participants​

From July to November 2020, 43 448 adults were randomly assigned at 152 sites worldwide (including in Argentina, Brazil, Germany, South Africa, Turkey, and the US) as part of the phase II/III trial of the BNT162b2 vaccine. A total of 21 720 people received two doses 21 days apart, and 21 728 received a placebo.
The paper reported that, seven days after the second dose, vaccine efficacy ranged from 89% to 100% across subgroups defined by age, sex, race, ethnicity, baseline body mass index, and the presence of coexisting conditions.

The study found 10 severe covid-19 cases after the first dose, nine of which were in the placebo group. After the second dose it showed one case in the vaccine group and four in the placebo group.3
As of 9 October, 37 706 participants had a median of at least two months’ safety data available after a second dose. Among these participants 49% were female, 83% were white, 9% were black or African-American, 28% were Hispanic or Latinx, 35% had a body mass index of at least 30, and 21% had at least one pre-existing condition. The median age was 52, and 42% of participants were aged over 55.

Adverse events​

In terms of safety, more people in the covid-19 vaccine group reported any adverse event (27%, compared with 12% taking a placebo) or a related adverse event (21% v 5%). The researchers said that this was mainly due to transient reactogenicity events, such as injection site pain.

Few participants in either group had severe or serious adverse events. Among the BNT162b2 recipients four related serious adverse events were reported and two recipients died (one from arteriosclerosis and one from cardiac arrest), as did four placebo recipients (two from unknown causes, one from haemorrhagic stroke, and one from myocardial infarction). However, none of the deaths was considered by the investigators to be related to the vaccine or placebo, and no covid-19 associated deaths were observed.

The researchers wrote, “The safety profile of BNT162b2 was characterised by short term, mild-to-moderate pain at the injection site, fatigue, and headache. The incidence of serious adverse events was low and was similar in the vaccine and placebo groups.”

This article is made freely available for use in accordance with BMJ's website terms and conditions for the duration of the covid-19 pandemic or until otherwise determined by BMJ. You may use, download and print the article for any lawful, non-commercial purpose (including text and data mining) provided that all copyright notices and trade marks are retained.

https://bmj.com/coronavirus/usage

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
Um... no.

That's not according to Facebook rumor. That's according to CNBC. A mainstream news source.

And Reuters:

And NBC:

This is why we do not take the mainstream media at their word. Because they lie.

They keep getting caught lying.

And they don't care that they keep getting caught, they still keep lying.

jack

That was in kids who got the vaccine 3 months or later prior, at least from what I'm reading. Omicron was a great balancer. Showed the spreadability of the virus with very little risk to those who got infected yet were vaccinated.

I posted some peer reviewed work that isn't being dissected by the echo chambers. Give that a whirl.

jack

Yeah, those fuckers are still the bad guys. We've obfuscated that in the name of "public safety". ALll of them, Moderna especially. Greedy bastards sipping at the public trough.

Sure the vaccines are "free"...where does the money come from one would wonder (I'm being sarcastic)

The Question

Eternal
The mere fact that Pfizer and the FDA wanted that data hidden for 75 years is enough to guarantee, 100%, that (duh) there's data there they didn't want we, the public, to see until it was way too late for us to do anything about it.

All the more reason I'm glad I said "Fuck, no." to the jab and let my own immune system do its job.

jack

Speaking of that, I'm wondering what to do about this sentient third nipple I've been growing since the 2nd booster.

It's starting to say things :oops:

jack

The mere fact that Pfizer and the FDA wanted that data hidden for 75 years is enough to guarantee, 100%, that (duh) there's data there they didn't want we, the public, to see until it was way too late for us to do anything about it.

All the more reason I'm glad I said "Fuck, no." to the jab and let my own immune system do its job.

Did you get sick when you caught it?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker

I only said yes to the jab to keep my state job and not have to do daily/weekly Covid screening and testing. I'm so glad they didn't force us to get booster shots.

The Question

Eternal
Did you get sick when you caught it?
Of course, same as when I get a cold or flu. And my immune system did what it's supposed to do -- it kicked the Kung Flu's ass. Don't misunderstand and think I believe that it worked, or would work, that way for everybody. The elderly, the infirm, and the immunocompromised did, and do, need better protection from any respiratory virus than younger, healthier people -- and that goes for both influenza and COVID.

The Question

Eternal
Speaking of that, I'm wondering what to do about this sentient third nipple I've been growing since the 2nd booster.

It's starting to say things :oops:
Oh, just tell it, "You're not getting paid for this gig, Joy Behar" and it'll probably storm off in a huff all the way back to California.

jack

The pandemic’s toll is no longer falling almost exclusively on those who chose not to or could not get shots, a Washington Post analysis that was published late last month found.

During the omicron variant surge, the vaccinated made up 42% of deaths in January and February, compared with 23% of the dead in September, the peak of the delta wave, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Data still shows that the unvaccinated are more likely to suffer severe illness or death compared to the vaccinated, but it is clear that vaccinated people made up a significant portion of recent COVID deaths.

"It’s still absolutely more dangerous to be unvaccinated than vaccinated," Andrew Noymer, a public health professor at the University of California at Irvine who studies COVID-19 mortality, said to the Post.

"A pandemic of — and by — the unvaccinated is not correct. People still need to take care in terms of prevention and action if they became symptomatic," he added.