Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favorite shotgun?

The Question

Eternal
Remington 870 Marine Magnum:
870marinemag%5B1%5D.jpg

Pancor Jackhammer.

A fully automatic 12 gauge to make sure would-be looters get exactly what they are looking for: A hot shiny gleaming treasure.

...the magazine drum can be used as an antipersonnel mine. Called "The Beartrap", it detonates by firing all 10 shotgun rounds simultaneously when it is triggered by the weight of a person stepping on it.

FUCK YEAH!

^^It's certainly impressive, I guess. But hardware like that and the USAS 12 don't really hit the nail on the head, IMO. Semiautomatic I can see the use for; in entry/clearing scenarios, you might not have that fraction of a second it takes to put the next round to the ready. But a full-auto 12 gauge, to me, seems about equivalent to a full-auto IMI .50 pistol: Not awfully controllable, and not terribly necessary.

I have a couple of Belgian Browning 12 ga. and a sweet sixteen. The 16 is probably my favorite of the ones that I shoot. I have a matched set of Parker DHE from .410 to 10 ga that my grandfather left me. Don't shoot them though, which is a shame since they are beautiful shotguns.

I carry a Remington Marine Magnum at work. The only real modification I've made was the addition of a set of Ghost Ring sights from Wilson Combat.

However, my "favorite" shotgun is my Rossi 12ga coach gun with gooseneck hammers.