Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Halloween Movie List - Round 2

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
So, now that Halloween is approaching, I felt it appropriate to, in some ways, resurrect a topic that Mirah once made way back when.

So... in the spirit of the holiday, which Halloween-ish movies do you have at home?

I'll start with my list:
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Corpse Bride
- Coraline
- Ghostbusters
- Ghostbusters II
- Army of Darkness
- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
- Sleepy Hollow
- Color Out of Space

The world is too scary to watch any scary movies right now! I can't! I need a watered down gentler version of all of these movies.

Also-I totally meant to comment earlier but I did't bring the movies I had prior-they are in storage. I did watch The Deliverance on Netflix (not to be confused with older movie called "Deliverance")
It wasn't bad.

So, now that Halloween is approaching, I felt it appropriate to, in some ways, resurrect a topic that Mirah once made way back when.

So... in the spirit of the holiday, which Halloween-ish movies do you have at home?

I'll start with my list:
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Corpse Bride
- Coraline
- Ghostbusters
- Ghostbusters II
- Army of Darkness
- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
- Sleepy Hollow
- Color Out of Space

Actually those are quite fun movies. I enjoyed Corpse Bride, Ghostbusters and Sleepy Hollow. I haven't seen Coraline yet. And I haven't seen Army of Darkness, the vampire one or Color out of space.

Do you plan on watching Beetlejuice?

I have seen the original Beetlejuice, even though I don't have it on DVD (yet). Haven't seen the sequel, though I might, should time allow.

For Army of Darkness... it's the third of the "Evil Dead" movies, though you don't need to see the first two to understand it, given that it has an opening recap. It's a deliberately campy horror-comedy that's been a favorite of mine since childhood.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is an anime movie that actually got a theatrical release here in the US back in... 2000, IIRC. It's based on the "Vampire Hunter D" series of novels, where the main character, the titular "D" is a Damphyr (or "Dunpeal" due to translation errors caused by the word going from Albanian to English to Japanese and back to English) - a half-human, half-vampire - bounty hunter who, well, goes after vampires. Gorgeous animation and features the voice work of John DiMaggio (Bender from Futurama) and Dwight Schultz (Reginald Barclay from Star Trek).
b522ee7c974b2d491f60cb0721bda00c6688a46e.gif

As for Color Out of Space... well, if you ever wanted to see Nicolas Cage in an H.P. Lovecraft story... this would be for you! Jokes aside, it really is a faithful take on the original story, just updated to take place in the early 21st century, instead of the late 19th/early 20th.

Not a Halloween movie, but a movie based loosely on a true story. Anna Kendrick stars in and directs "Women of the Hour" about a woman who met a serial killer on a dating show. I haven't watched it yet. Don't know if I will. My sister just watched it and said it was creepy.
Why is Anna Kendricks name so familiar to me? I looked up her IMDB profile and that didn't ring any bells.

How many times did a serial killer make it on a dating game? Geez.

Woman of the Hour was maddening. That guy killed so many women.

Now on Netflix someone recommended "Don't Move" So I am watching that.