Zombie Survival Guide

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
If you could only read one, Zombie Survival Guide or World War Z, which would it be?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Haven't read either but the suvival guide sounds like it would have more practical applications.

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
Ive had this book for several years. Its a really good read. I havnt picked up the other zombie book he wrote. Is that worth wasting time on?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
World War Z was pretty good. Zombies are the only thing that truly scare me in the Horror genre. I mean, if there really was a zombie infestation, we'd all be pretty well fucked.

There's a pretty great comic book series called The Walking Dead. It's ongoing and deals with "what happens next". Like, how do you survive long-term when zombies have overrun the earth, and society has broken down. Very good series, I need to catch up!

Ancalagon

World War Z was pretty good. Zombies are the only thing that truly scare me in the Horror genre. I mean, if there really was a zombie infestation, we'd all be pretty well fucked.

There's a pretty great comic book series called The Walking Dead. It's ongoing and deals with "what happens next". Like, how do you survive long-term when zombies have overrun the earth, and society has broken down. Very good series, I need to catch up!

I'd go back to my family farm in Alabama. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere. Plus it is mainly a timber farm so from the outside looks just like a bunch of woods. The Noonin Grounds have a cabin and a well with a hand pump. My grandfather has been working for years 'sprucing it up' in case me or my brother ever decide to move back to Alabama we can build a house out there. So it's got a real pretty fruit/dogwood orchard (which of course in that situation would be good for the fruit and not the beauty). There is also a deer plot beside it with corn planted. Lakes got bass and brim, but unfortunately it is only about 500m from the road, so for the first few years could only fish at night (without bushhogging, undergrowth would conceal it)

I've also got a leg up in that when he could get around easier his hobby was pre industrial farming, timber work, and just life in general. So I've got all sorts of iron plows, a cane press and boiler (for making syrup and sugar) and a fuck ton of other tools. Unfortunantly Blue and Dan are both dead (grew up with those horses, when I was little I was actually scared to ride b/c my mule Lucy threw me off so my parents would put me up them b/c they were so gentle. Imagine a toddler sitting astride a Percheron (draft horse bigger than a Clydedale) so I'd have to steal me some draft horses. Also a couple miles down the road is a dairy farm, have to steal some of those too. Got pigs, chickens, goats and beef cattle. Those are all at the barn off the road, so I'd have to move them to the interior to be out of site. Luckily we do alot of deer hunting out there so there are over 20 food plots (clearings in the woods where grass is planted) so I'd just have to cut the herd down and rotate them from plot to plot. Pawpaws got a fuel trailer for the tractors so fuel runs could be kept to a minimum, plus my father buys in bulk in ammo, so if I had time to run out I could clear out the gun house and have around 10-15K of various ammo.

Uh... not that I think about this stuff at all... that'd be crazy...

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Yeah, but GETTING back to Alabama would be the tough part. Roads would be choked with stalled/broken vehicles, so unless you've got a helicopter, you'd be SOL. You'd have to walk there, exposed to zombies at all times.

Plus, you'd probably have to fight off squatters, if they haven't already stolen/broken all your equipment and guns.

See, that's the problem with a zombie infestation! Not enough warning!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's kind of lucky that they're not real.

Ancalagon

Yeah, but GETTING back to Alabama would be the tough part. Roads would be choked with stalled/broken vehicles, so unless you've got a helicopter, you'd be SOL. You'd have to walk there, exposed to zombies at all times.

Plus, you'd probably have to fight off squatters, if they haven't already stolen/broken all your equipment and guns.

See, that's the problem with a zombie infestation! Not enough warning!

This assumes my trunk doesn't have two cases of MREs, two cases of water, an M3 Medic Bag, 500 cash, and 200rnds for my Saiga as an SHTF quick kit.

And that I wouldn't grab the wife and run at the first moment it looked like a complete breakdown.

Although to be honest, the Saiga isn't really a good SHTF weapon at all. First I wanna finish building the AR-15 for my dad, then modify the Saiga (pics below) THEN my next purchase will be hopefully an FAL maybe a PTR-91 if I can find just the right one. Don't know why but I would just trust 7.62 NATO over 5.56 in that kind of situation. It'd also be more useful for game.

Pics.

I have this:
n69800949_30640701_3008609.jpg

It's a 12 guage AK, but b/c you can't legally import them into the states, it had to be modified into a 'sporting shotgun.'

Once I'm done it will look something like this:

cake_for_breakfast.JPG

But with a trigger obviously. My buddy got excited about all his new parts he couldn't wait for his Tromix Trigger Pack. Next time I go back to Washington, hopefully I'll have gotten the funds so we can fix mine up in his shop.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Read both WWZ and the Survival Guide. Fantastic. WWZ actually goes into military strategy and applications dealing with a massive zombie infestation.

On another zombie related note. Here's a little present from E3.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dSfsMJgypdw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dSfsMJgypdw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Both books are good Ancalagon. Though, one shouldn't be read without the other. You should really read the Survival Guide first. It helps you to understand the Somnambulist disease that he describes in WWZ. If you read the Survival Guide thoroughly he delineates the "legends" of zombies until present day, which is where WWZ picks up. Truly a creative author who really did his homework at how to kill zombies and survive an outbreak.

My answer: read the Zombie Survival Guide first.

Ancalagon