A House Cannot Be Haunted

Mirah

I love you
A House Cannot Be Haunted
It is impossible.
Ghosts do not exist.
Ghosts do not hang out inside any object located on earth.
A vehicle is not haunted,
A house is not haunted
nothing is haunted.
There is nothing scary inside a house
except
what
happened
there
when
everybody
was
alive.

Mirah

I love you
If ghosts fucking existed they would have figured out a way to use technology by now. New dead people would show old dead people how to communicate with us. "No! You don't send a letter anymore! Just send a text. Here I will show you"
A live person's phone buzzes, "Hey Jenny I really feel like we didn't get to finish that last conversation, do you mind chatting now?"

Love Child

One Love
People wish ghosts were real
that way they don't have to face the reality of death
Just last night I imagined my friend Cory coming to my window and telling me about her death
and just to make it easier I woke up this morning and told myself that she wasn't really dead-she just joined the witness protection program. She must have seen something she wasn't supposed to see. This is the story I am telling myself.

I sort of wish ghosts were real, then we could talk to the dead all day long. And then no one would really be dead. What a hoot that would be. But then so would the assholes be floating around as ghosts also, and we don't want that.
Maybe they are the ones that are better off anyway. We are stuck living on this earth. They get to go to the dead world, the ghost world.

These are appropriate conversations for the Day of the Dead, Día de Muertos! I don't have a ocmplete understanding of it, I mean I did watch COCO!
I think that remembering those that have passed in a special way is helpful, I think the way of just having a funeral for someone and then not really having a ritual to remember them again is sad.

Mirah

I love you
I live in a place that used to be an an assisted living type place. The rooms are really unique, everything is really wide, outlets are near the top of the ceiling just like you would expect a hospital type room to be.
I am sure peope have died in the very living place that I occupy.
I ran into a girl today that I know, that lives here, she is adorable by the way. I didn't bring it up, but she mentioned the only thing she had happen was her tv turne on at night. Also a guy she was seeing walked into the front lobby area and paused and she said, "Whats the matter? Did you granpa die here?" And he said, "No, my mom"
WTF She felt so bad. That sucks.
Whenever I tell a local about where I live they all have a story about this place. Most are nice stories.

I still don't believe in ghosts, but I do have some ghost stories.

Mirah

I love you
Its a summer weekend and the parental units are gone and the kids are playing sardines inside the house. Maybe it wasn't summer since then we would be playing outdoors. It must have been fall. Sardines is the opposite of hide and seek. One person hides and the rest split up and look for that one person. Once you have found that person you hide with them-no matter where they are hiding. And then the last person looking for the group is the next "sardine".
We had played for a couple of hours when we heard a noise. A noise in a room which no one had been in. (There were no good hiding spots in that room)

All of us ran outside of the house.
I recall standing in the cul de sac, that is how far we ran, we ran down the drive-way into the middle of the cul de sac and turned and looked back at the house. We saw a shadow standing in the top bedroom window.
All of us were outside, there was no one left inside the house.
One of my sisters ran to the neighbors house. A family whose father worked with my parents at the nearby military base. They had 3 sons, we were 3 girls. All of us kids were about the same age. The father grabbed a gun and his dog, a german shepherd and he walked through the house opening every door and looking inside each closet.

The only thing that was found was in the room that no one entered. It had a jar full of coins that burst. He said sometimes that happens. Coins were all over the floor, glass too. That is what made that sound. The one small window in that room did not appear to be opened or budged, but it was definitely checked.

All the kids went home and me and my sisters stayed at the neighbors until our parents came back home.

This isn't really a ghost story, there was probably no one in the house, and our eyes were probably playing tricks on us. But I will never forget the shadow that I was sure I saw upstairs in that window.

The Question

Eternal
There's an old abandoned flour mill in downtown Tempe that everybody used to say was haunted, so I went to check it out one time. Since then, nobody reports any weird / "haunted" phenomena there. Fuckin' ghosts ghosted when I showed up. Pansy-ass ectoplasm bitches.