Amazon shows

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Let's face it normal tv will be dead in a few years.

Let's face it 2: I'll probably watch this.

CaptainWacky

I watched the first episode of Carnival Row. It's obviously a show that's had a lot of money spent on it, with really impressive sets and special effects and stuff. But it's also pretty dull? The writing is just so ordinary and uninteresting. Everyone automatically says Cara Delevingne is a bad actress but she was actually fine in it, even good I'd say (yes I'm biased towards pretty girls but whatever she certainly isn't bad) whereas Orlando Bloom is just really boring. Like I didn't care about his character AT ALL and honestly he's got negative charisma. I don't know, I feel bad giving up on a show that cost so much money (that money shouldn't go to waste!) and maybe it'll get better as it goes along, but I'm relegating it to watching at a VERY slow pace for now.

(See Netflix thread for a follow-up post.)

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The less clothes Orlando Bloom wears, the m ore useful he is.

CaptainWacky

Tales From The Loop

I didn't know about this until a couple of days ago when I saw a positive review online. It's based on a series of illustrations, apparently, and it's certainly moody and atmospheric. I watched the first two episodes tonight and on the whole enjoyed it. The cinematography is beautiful and the acting was good (there's Rebecca Hall, Jonathan Pryce and the little girl from Ant Man in terms of people who I recognised.) The first episode DID feel slower than necessary in places though. Maybe could have been shorter. Second episode was excellent though, so I'll watch them all. Definitely better than that Electric Dreams thing if you want to compare it to something vaguely similar.

Also still watching Mr. Robot but I don't think I should comment until I've seen it all (I'm still on season two) as it's so serialised. It's good though!

CaptainWacky

Mr. Robot is good, I would recommend it! Really good looking show, especially in season four where many of the episodes felt like movies. I did have some problems with the main story arc at times and I'm still not sure why some characters were focused on so much when they didn't end up doing much, but all the main characters were excellent, especially Elliot. If you just watch it for his story (and he's the main character, so you can!) you'll be very satisfied.

Unrelated.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I am an old, and I loved Mr Robot.

CaptainWacky

I think Amazon are going to hype it huge since it's like they're only really successful original show.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Besides MRS. MAISEL!

CaptainWacky

I did not mean to besmirch the good name of Mrs. Maisel.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I didn't watch season 1. SHOULD I?

CaptainWacky

Of The Boys? Yes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched the 1st episode! Looks pretty good.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG Doppelganger! lol

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

CAN'T WAIT.

CaptainWacky

That whale didn't deserve that!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

On Monday, Ackles took to Instagram to announce that once he finishes filming his final two episodes as Dean Winchester, he's going to suit up on season 3 of Amazon's The Boys as Soldier Boy, the original superhero. After Soldier Boy fought in World War II, he became the first super celebrity, and a mainstay of American culture for decades. The gig will reunite Ackles with Supernatural creator Eric Kripke, who's the showrunner on the Amazon series.

Season 2 hasn't started and there's already a season 3, YOU ALL PROBABLY ALREADY KNEW.

CaptainWacky

I found Jensen Ackles hot in Smallville but that was about 18 years ago.